Call for Abstracts: AGU 2024 Session - Assessment of Freshwater Ecosystems in the Asia Pacific

Ashutosh Sharma

Jun 21, 2024, 10:21:24 AM (12 days ago) Jun 21
to AboutHydrology
Dear Colleagues,

We are excited to invite you to submit abstracts for a session at the upcoming AGU 2024 Fall Meeting:

Session Code: GC034
Session Title: Assessment of Freshwater Ecosystems in the Asia Pacific: Services, Vulnerabilities, and Conservation Strategies
Link: https://agu.confex.com/agu/agu24/prelim.cgi/Session/227963

About the Session:
Freshwater ecosystems are crucial for the health, livelihoods, and biodiversity of the Asia Pacific region. This session will explore the dynamics of these ecosystems, highlighting their invaluable services and the threats they face.

We invite submissions from experts, early career researchers, and policymakers on topics related to:

  • Freshwater ecosystem services: Drinking water provision, support for agriculture, industry, and aquatic habitats.
  • Vulnerabilities of freshwater ecosystems: Habitat degradation, over-extraction, pollution, and climate change impacts.
  • Assessment methods: Field monitoring, modelling, and remote sensing for understanding ecosystem services and vulnerabilities.
  • Ecological, socio-economic, and cultural significance of freshwater ecosystems.
  • Conservation strategies: Restoration, sustainable management, and related policy considerations.
We encourage submissions on a wide range of research addressing these themes in the Asia Pacific region.

Abstract Submission Deadline: 31 July 2024

We look forward to receiving your abstracts and fruitful discussion on the sustainability of freshwater ecosystems in the Asia Pacific region.

Sincerely,
Conveners
Ashutosh Sharma, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, India
Sumit Sen, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, India
Pratik Singh Thakuri, Nepal Engineering College, Nepal
Dipshikha Devi, University of Alabama, USA