AGU24: H078 - Hydroclimatic Analysis in South and Southeast Asia: Challenges and Opportunities

Ganesh Ghimire

Jul 2, 2024, 4:38:19 PM (9 hours ago) Jul 2
to AboutHydrology

Dear colleagues,

Here we come with another call for abstract submission to our AGU 2024 Fall Meeting session. We invite you to submit abstracts to the session: " H078. Hydroclimatic Analysis in South and Southeast Asia: Challenges and Opportunities”. This is the fourth year we will be convening this session. We have Dr. Bishnu Prasad Pandey from Tribhuvan University confirmed as an Invited Speaker for the session.

Abstract submission link:

https://agu.confex.com/agu/agu24/prelim.cgi/Session/225181

Session Conveners:

The intensification of climate change, combined with complex topography and socioeconomic disparities, amplifies disaster risks in South and Southeast Asia. Observational evidence indicates an increasing frequency and intensity of hydroclimatic hazards. Complex terrains and data scarcity pose both challenges and opportunities in hydroclimatic analyses, modeling, and projections. There have been considerable efforts in hydroclimatic research over the past decades in the region. However, a significant challenge remains in integrating the sparse dots of knowledge. This session intends to provide a collective view on (a) existing trends of hydroclimatic and disaster risk research, (b) evaluating knowledge and innovative approaches to address data gaps, and (c) identifying research opportunities in hydrology and climate science within the region. We welcome abstracts, particularly from the region and beyond.

Ganesh R. Ghimire, Ph. D.
R&D Scientist
Water Resources Science and Engineering Group
Environmental Sciences Division
Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN
ORNL Profile | Personal Website