Use of docker

Ethan

Apr 13, 2022, 9:46:53 AMApr 13
to Abot Web Crawler
Hi,

I want to use AbotX on Docker. I'm in trial period to test if the phantom.exe wont cause any problem on a Linux Container. Have you any idea if someone has already used abotX on docker for javascript rendering and works ?

Moreover, it seems that on docker, it doesn't take the fact that i put my abotX.lic file in the bin and as a result tell me that I don't have a license. Have you any solutions for this issue.

Steven Jones

Apr 15, 2022, 4:31:08 PMApr 15
to Abot Web Crawler
Hi Ethan,

Unfortunately I'm not very familiar with docker development. I'll have to wait for someone else to answer. Also consider trying stack overflow. However, I don't believe you will be able to run that .exe file on a linux container at all. You may have to implement your own version of IJavascriptRenderer using headless chrome or something similar.

Ethan

Apr 19, 2022, 4:00:15 AMApr 19
to Abot Web Crawler
Hi,

Thank you for your answer.
I have an other question then. Is it possible to get details about the function you use for JavaScriptRendering ? I will try to overwrite them in order to use the binary file of PhantomJS instead of the ".exe" file. I don't know if it will works but I can try.

Have a nice day.