Use of docker

Ethan

Apr 13, 2022, 9:46:53 AM4/13/22
to Abot Web Crawler
Hi,

I want to use AbotX on Docker. I'm in trial period to test if the phantom.exe wont cause any problem on a Linux Container. Have you any idea if someone has already used abotX on docker for javascript rendering and works ?

Moreover, it seems that on docker, it doesn't take the fact that i put my abotX.lic file in the bin and as a result tell me that I don't have a license. Have you any solutions for this issue.

Steven Jones

Apr 15, 2022, 4:31:08 PM4/15/22
to Abot Web Crawler
Hi Ethan,

Unfortunately I'm not very familiar with docker development. I'll have to wait for someone else to answer. Also consider trying stack overflow. However, I don't believe you will be able to run that .exe file on a linux container at all. You may have to implement your own version of IJavascriptRenderer using headless chrome or something similar.

Ethan

Apr 19, 2022, 4:00:15 AM4/19/22
to Abot Web Crawler
Hi,

Thank you for your answer.
I have an other question then. Is it possible to get details about the function you use for JavaScriptRendering ? I will try to overwrite them in order to use the binary file of PhantomJS instead of the ".exe" file. I don't know if it will works but I can try.

Have a nice day.