AbotX: screenshot from crawled page

ghislain borremans

Jun 10, 2021, 6:23:14 AM6/10/21
to Abot Web Crawler
I am using AbotX to crawl and i would like to save the screenshots. As PhantomJS is used in ABotx to render the page, is it not possible to retrieve teh rendered page in a png file?

sjdi...@gmail.com

Jun 14, 2021, 8:05:27 PM6/14/21
to ghislain borremans, Abot Web Crawler
Yes, for those with access to the source code you could simply extend the PhantomJsRenderer.cs impl (which implements IJavascriptRenderer). That class interacts directly with phantomjs can could be modified to do screenshots.

Hope that helps

On Thu, Jun 10, 2021 at 3:23 AM ghislain borremans <baio...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am using AbotX to crawl and i would like to save the screenshots. As PhantomJS is used in ABotx to render the page, is it not possible to retrieve teh rendered page in a png file?

Message has been deleted

sjdi...@gmail.com

Jun 23, 2021, 8:10:42 PM6/23/21
to ghislain borremans, Abot Web Crawler
Replied to the cookie issue thread instead of here.

On Sat, Jun 19, 2021 at 8:42 AM ghislain borremans <baio...@gmail.com> wrote:
Indeed, with the Ultimate version, i can add the screenshot in the PhantomJSrenderer easily.
The only problem that remains is the "cooky request on each page". Can that be avoided somehow?