Technology on Wheels?

Rachel Beckman

Sep 8, 2022, 5:57:40 PM9/8/22
to abos-o...@googlegroups.com

Hello All,

Have any of us created a mobile technology lab? Not just one program or computers, but a makerspace on wheels, especially one geared towards youth?

If so, how did it go?

We are just beginning our research process; so all information (pros, cons, successes and weaknesses) is valuable!

Thank you all!

Rachel Beckman (she/they)
Librarian – Oak Harbor / Coupeville
Sno-Isle Libraries
rbec...@sno-isle.org
(360) 675-5115 ext. 6041

Karen Funke

Sep 8, 2022, 6:21:03 PM9/8/22
to ABOS-O...@googlegroups.com

Super excited to hear what others are doing!

karen

Karen Funke
Head of Outreach Services
Montrose Regional Library District
320 South 2nd Street
Montrose, CO 81401
(970) 964-2556

D Stoltz

Sep 8, 2022, 7:05:30 PM9/8/22
to Karen Funke, ABOS-O...@googlegroups.com
I’m sure Howard County (MD) Library System will chime in about their new STEAM mobile.  https://wtop.com/howard-county/2022/08/the-howard-county-library-systems-steam-machine-visits-the-county-fair-through-saturday/

Looks super!

Dorothy

swalter

Oct 26, 2022, 5:31:07 PM10/26/22
to ABOS-Outreach
If you're still researching this, you should take a look at Los Angeles County Public Library and their MakMo programs.  MākMō – LA County Library
EventBrochure-20221026-1530.pdf