From our partners at NNLM - grant opportunity

Past President ABOS

Sep 28, 2021, 12:21:59 PM9/28/21
to ABOS-Outreach Google Group (Listserve)
The NNLM All of Us Community Engagement Center is excited to announce our Community Award grants for libraries and community organizations! The Community Awards will provide funding for projects to meet the following goals:
  • Further individual and communities’ health and health literacy, digital literacy, and/or public understanding of clinical research.
  • Build and strengthen partnerships with communities who are underrepresented in biomedical research (UBR) (Descriptions (PDF, 143.97 KB)).
  • Raise awareness of All of Us, the National Institutes of Health (NIH) precision medicine research program, and
  • Increase awareness and use of NNLM All of Us learning activities and National Library of Medicine (NLM) and other trustworthy health information resources to inform personal health and wellness decisions.

Learn more and start your application herebit.ly/CECAwards

Important Dates

Accepting Applications Until: October 15, 2021

Application Review: October 18-22, 2021

Award Decision: October 25-29, 2021

Funded Projects Completed By: April 1, 2022

What can the Community Award fund?

We offer two award pathways for the award:

Health Programming Pathway

Design and implement virtual and/or hybrid programming to increase community skills in health literacydigital literacy, and/or public understanding of clinical research. This includes online events, book clubs, film screenings, grab and go kits, and more!

Amount: up to $15,000 each

Number of awards: 15

Digital Information Access Pathway

Broaden online health information access in their community through technology and programs. Projects will increase community skills in health literacydigital literacy, and/or public understanding of clinical research. This includes loanable technology, online events, mobile programs in the community, and more!

Amount: up to $40,000 each

Number of awards: 4

Who can apply for a Community Award?

To be eligible for funding, you must be:

  • An NNLM member. Not yet a member? Sign up for free!
  • A public library or community-based organization
  • Based in the United States and/or U.S. Territories

How can my library/organization apply for funding?

Review the full award description and start your application on our website at: bit.ly/CECAwards

Any questions?

If you have any questions, fill out the Award Interest Form or email us at

lib-nnl...@uiowa.edu for assistance.

Attached is a social media toolkit with banners and language! https://allofus.nnlm.gov/community-award-request-proposals

Michael Balkenhol

Engagement Coordinator

NNLM All of Us Community Engagement Center

Hardin Library of the Health Sciences

University of Iowa

michael-...@uiowa.edu

412-624-1411

JoinAllofUs.org/nlm

JoinAllofUs.org/bnm

allofus.nnlm.gov

Pronouns: he/him

For Partners - Community Award Promotional Toolkit.docx