Grades

1 view

Lewis MehlMadrona

Dec 22, 2008, 12:00:14 PM12/22/08
to aboriginal mind and mental health
Grades are done except that I want to let them sit for 24 hours and then reflect upon them again tomorrow morning before sharing them.  I've also sent them to Michael MacGregor for feedback.  I'm also still waiting for Kim's paper who has longer time to finish it, but I don't think that will slow us down too much because one person doesn't change the average all that much.  I'm going to reread your papers tomorrow morning and then look at Michael's comments and then share them all with you.

By the way, does anyone object to my (or you) posting your papers on the discussion group?  If not, could you post them and if you don't, then I will when I can get around to it.

So tell me now if you don't want your papers posted for the world to read!

:Lewis

--
IMPORTANT WARNING: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it contain CONFIDENTIAL information, including PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL HEALTH INFORMATION which is intended for the use of the person to whom it is addressed. If the reader of this e-mail/attachment is not the intended recipient, employee, or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, reproduction, reading, or copying of this information is STRICTLY PROHIBITED AND A VIOLATION OF FEDERAL LAW. If you received this e-mail in error, please delete the related e-mail and all attachments and notify the sender immediately (reply e-mail) at mehlm...@gmail.com.

Kim Duff

Dec 22, 2008, 2:07:56 PM12/22/08
to aborigi...@googlegroups.com
For starters, you don't need my paper to give other people their
grades; that's just silly. Secondly, I am not comfortable with posting
my paper (once it's done) on the discussion group. and it says so right
on the front page, so there will be no mistake. I say this now and not
once it's finished 'cuase you told us to. (even if that was directed
towards those who have already handed their in.)

Kim

Lewis MehlMadrona wrote:

>Grades are done except that I want to let them sit for 24 hours and then
>reflect upon them again tomorrow morning before sharing them. I've also
>sent them to Michael MacGregor for feedback. I'm also still waiting for
>Kim's paper who has longer time to finish it, but I don't think that
will
>slow us down too much because one person doesn't change the average all
that
>much. I'm going to reread your papers tomorrow morning and then look at
>Michael's comments and then share them all with you.
>
>By the way, does anyone object to my (or you) posting your papers on the
>discussion group? If not, could you post them and if you don't, then I
will
>when I can get around to it.
>
>*So tell me now if you don't want your papers posted for the world to
read!

>*:Lewis
>
>--
>IMPORTANT WARNING: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it contain
>CONFIDENTIAL information, including PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL HEALTH
>INFORMATION which is intended for the use of the person to whom it is
>addressed. If the reader of this e-mail/attachment is not the intended
>recipient, employee, or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended
>recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution,
>reproduction, reading, or copying of this information is STRICTLY
PROHIBITED
>AND A VIOLATION OF FEDERAL LAW. If you received this e-mail in error,
please
>delete the related e-mail and all attachments and notify the sender
>immediately (reply e-mail) at mehlm...@gmail.com.

---------------------------------------
"The tragedy [with autism] is not that
we're here, but that your world has no
place for us to be. How can it be
otherwise, as long as our own parents
are still grieving over having brought
us into the world?"
— Jim Sinclair "Don't Mourn For Us"

Lewis MehlMadrona

Dec 22, 2008, 3:52:57 PM12/22/08
to aborigi...@googlegroups.com
Your score affects the average and the standard deviation.  However, the effect of even a 20 point spread in your grade is fairly minimal.  that was my point.

Lewis

Kim Duff

Dec 22, 2008, 4:40:00 PM12/22/08
to aborigi...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, but... my point was that it's not fair to make them wait just
because I'm not functional enough to finish the paper.

Kim

Lewis MehlMadrona

Dec 22, 2008, 7:52:19 PM12/22/08
to aborigi...@googlegroups.com
I'm not making them wait. I'm showing them that it's ok that we don't have your paper yet because it won't change the average enough to matter.

Lewis

Kim Duff

Dec 22, 2008, 10:33:26 PM12/22/08
to aborigi...@googlegroups.com
That's not how it sounded.

Kim

elise.m...@usask.ca

Dec 23, 2008, 10:36:22 AM12/23/08
to aboriginal mind and mental health
I'm really excited that we will be getting the marks so soon Lewis,
that's great.
Will you be sending any written feedback on the content of our papers?
It would be nice to know what you thought of them in addition to the
grade, even if brief.

Happy holidays everyone! T'was a pleasure studying with you.

Elise

Gord

Dec 23, 2008, 11:31:28 AM12/23/08
to aboriginal mind and mental health
I uploaded my and Lewis' paper as a file (as opposed to a page). It's
name is "Construction of aboriginal theory of mind and
consciousness".

Happy Holidays!

Gord

Lewis MehlMadrona

Dec 23, 2008, 5:36:59 PM12/23/08
to aborigi...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I will send feedback to everyone.  I'm still struggling with this curve thing and am waiting to hear back from Michael MacGregor about how small a standard deviation is tolerable. I'll start sending the written feedback tomorrow.

Elise your paper was fantastic as usual and I suggest to you that it's ready to submit to the Journal of Aboriginal Health.  It's that good.  So please just send it to them and I think they will take it.

Lewis

Shélah

Dec 24, 2008, 12:32:20 PM12/24/08
to aboriginal mind and mental health
I object to having my paper posted. I do not want it on this web-site.

Shélah

Dec 24, 2008, 12:39:46 PM12/24/08
to aboriginal mind and mental health
(Or anywhere else, for that matter.)

Heather

Dec 26, 2008, 9:08:49 PM12/26/08
to aboriginal mind and mental health
Hi Lewis. I would also do not want my paper posted. Thank you.

Christine

Dec 28, 2008, 2:01:18 AM12/28/08
to aboriginal mind and mental health
Hi Lewis
I'd rather not post my/Sarah's paper until we figure out the
publication stuff you emailed me about. I'll be emailing you soon
regarding that. So perhaps just leave it off here for now. Thanks.
Happy New Year everyone!
Christine

Steffi Kynoch

Dec 28, 2008, 1:06:38 PM12/28/08
to aboriginal mind and mental health
Hi Lewis,
I don't want my paper posted on the site either
> > > (Or anywhere else, for that matter.)- Hide quoted text -

Andrei Vinogradov

Dec 28, 2008, 3:29:28 PM12/28/08
to aborigi...@googlegroups.com

elise.m...@usask.ca

Dec 29, 2008, 4:04:00 PM12/29/08
to aboriginal mind and mental health
Hi Lewis,
I was just wondering how long you anticipate the grades will take to
be put on PAWS. I need to get some transcripts printed soon.

Lewis MehlMadrona

Dec 29, 2008, 5:17:53 PM12/29/08
to aborigi...@googlegroups.com
I have submitted them to Michael MacGregor for final approval which needs to happen before I can post them and I'm still waiting to hear from him.

Lewis

Marisha

Dec 31, 2008, 11:22:53 AM12/31/08
to aboriginal mind and mental health
Hi Lewis,

I also would not like my paper to be uploaded at this time. I would
rather wait until the final copy has been fully edited (ready to
submit for publication) and then post it. Thanx for passing it on for
me Lewis!

Happy New Year everyone!!

On Dec 29, 4:17 pm, "Lewis MehlMadrona" <mehlmadr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have submitted them to Michael MacGregor for final approval which needs to
> happen before I can post them and I'm still waiting to hear from him.
>
> Lewis
>
> On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 3:04 PM, <elise.matth...@usask.ca> wrote:
>
> > Hi Lewis,
> > I was just wondering how long you anticipate the grades will take to
> > be put on PAWS. I need to get some transcripts printed soon.
>
> --
> IMPORTANT WARNING: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it contain
> CONFIDENTIAL information, including PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL HEALTH
> INFORMATION which is intended for the use of the person to whom it is
> addressed. If the reader of this e-mail/attachment is not the intended
> recipient, employee, or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended
> recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution,
> reproduction, reading, or copying of this information is STRICTLY PROHIBITED
> AND A VIOLATION OF FEDERAL LAW. If you received this e-mail in error, please
> delete the related e-mail and all attachments and notify the sender
> immediately (reply e-mail) at mehlmadr...@gmail.com.

Lewis MehlMadrona

Dec 31, 2008, 10:29:37 PM12/31/08
to aborigi...@googlegroups.com
Your welcome. It was a very excellent paper.

Lewis
IMPORTANT WARNING: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it contain CONFIDENTIAL information, including PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL HEALTH INFORMATION which is intended for the use of the person to whom it is addressed. If the reader of this e-mail/attachment is not the intended recipient, employee, or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, reproduction, reading, or copying of this information is STRICTLY PROHIBITED AND A VIOLATION OF FEDERAL LAW. If you received this e-mail in error, please delete the related e-mail and all attachments and notify the sender immediately (reply e-mail) at mehlm...@gmail.com.

Kara

Jan 3, 2009, 1:56:04 AM1/3/09
to aboriginal mind and mental health
Hi Lewis. I also would not like my paper posted on this website.
Thanks.

On Dec 31 2008, 9:29 pm, "Lewis MehlMadrona" <mehlmadr...@gmail.com>
> immediately (reply e-mail) at mehlmadr...@gmail.com.

Christine

Jan 6, 2009, 2:59:58 PM1/6/09
to aboriginal mind and mental health
Hey I noticed my mark was posted on PAWS today - just so you all know.
Lewis - were you still planning on sending an email or posting
something (anonymous please) about how our marks were determined? Like
what marks we got on each part of the class?
Thanks. Hope everyone is having a good semester so far.

Lewis MehlMadrona

Jan 7, 2009, 1:55:34 AM1/7/09
to aborigi...@googlegroups.com
Dear Christine,

I was still trying to negotiate for a higher average and a revised standard deviation, so apparently we are not going to get a higher average and revised standard deviation.  Please send me back channel (private email) what your grade was, so I can see which of my several proposals was accepted by the Department.

Yes, I will interact with each of you individually about the scores in each part of the class.

Lewis
IMPORTANT WARNING: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it contain CONFIDENTIAL information, including PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL HEALTH INFORMATION which is intended for the use of the person to whom it is addressed. If the reader of this e-mail/attachment is not the intended recipient, employee, or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, reproduction, reading, or copying of this information is STRICTLY PROHIBITED AND A VIOLATION OF FEDERAL LAW. If you received this e-mail in error, please delete the related e-mail and all attachments and notify the sender immediately (reply e-mail) at mehlm...@gmail.com.

Julia M

Jan 22, 2009, 11:01:06 PM1/22/09
to aboriginal mind and mental health
Hi Lewis,
I also would prefer it if my paper wasn't posted on here.
Thanks, and I hope you are having a good New Year!

Julia
> immediately (reply e-mail) at mehlmadr...@gmail.com.- Hide quoted text -

elise.m...@usask.ca

Jan 22, 2009, 11:09:36 PM1/22/09
to aboriginal mind and mental health
Hi Lewis, I've tried to send you an e-mail with my mark but it keeps
bouncing back.