"We don't owe anyone anything." Opinion on Abkhazia's attitude to the West and to Russia

Abkhaz World Newsletter

Feb 15, 2023, 4:31:43 AM2/15/23
to AW Newsletter
"We don't owe anyone anything." Opinion on Abkhazia's attitude to the West and to Russia

Akhra Bzhaniya: "Russia also did not recognize us for fifteen years, insisted on returning us to the bosom of the “big brother”, then decided to recognize Abkhazia instead because the geopolitical alignment has changed. And it may change again, so that at some point we will be recognized by Turkey, the Arab world, and even Europe. So when they say that the ‘collective West’ our my enemy, this is an ideological stamp behind which there are no specifics."

*****

Parliament discusses aid to Turkey and Syria

The parliamentary committee on international relations discussed providing humanitarian aid for earthquake victims in Turkey and Syria in a meeting led by committee chairman Alkhas Bartsits. Before the meeting, the members of the committee paid their respects with a minute of silence.

*****

Caucasus

Ingushetia Ranks Second to Last in Russian Regions' Quality of Life Rankings

RIA Novosti released its latest ranking of Russian regions based on the quality of life. The ranking was compiled using data from various sources, including Rosstat, the Ministry of Health, the Ministry of Finance, the Central Bank, and other publicly available sources.

*****

E-Library:

Las argumentaciones Internacionales-jurídicas del reconocimiento de la independencia de la República de Abjasia
​​​​​​​(The International Legal Status of the Republic of Abkhazia) por/by Viacheslav Chirikba (Sukhum 2010)

​​​​​​​Read more: https://abkhazworld.com/aw/publications/e-library/2163-de-la-independencia-de-la-republica-de-abjasia

*****

The book "Abkhazia: 1992-2022", published by AbkhazWorld and featuring contributions from 39 authors, is now available in the library catalogues of UCL, LSE in London, England, St. Andrew University in Scotland, and Dublin City University in Ireland.

​​​​​​​The book has also been added to the reading lists of relevant departments at the University of St. Andrew and Dublin City University.