Output "abjad.show()" object as a PDF cell object?

Eric Raguzin

Aug 21, 2022, 5:20:11 PM8/21/22
to abjad-user
Hi, I"ve been using Abjad and enjoying it. I was looking to make a compiled songbook though, which combines multiple separate songs, with other interstitial text. All the Abjad examples end with:

abjad.show(score)

which pops up a PDF in my default reader, and I suppose the workflow is that I need to manually save it each time. I did find the abjad.persist.as_pdf() method, which works to programmatically save the output as a PDF file. I have then been using PyPDF2 to open that new file and append it with new ones.

Is that the best way to programmatically merge multiple songs? If possible, I'd love to be able to output the `score` object as something like an FPDF cell object that can be positioned on the page, and I could add text above or below it. Is my workaround the best way to do it now?

Also is it possible to remove the "Music engraving by..." footer on the output?

Thanks!