Scholarship for Python composition workshop

Marc Evanstein

Jan 26, 2022, 10:51:50 PM1/26/22
to abjad-user
Hi all,

My name is Marc Evanstein; I'm a composer and the creator of the SCAMP libraries for computer assisted music in Python. SCAMP gives you the capability to play back notes via soundfonts, MIDI, and OSC messages, and then ultimately generate music notation in the form of MusicXML or LilyPond. The LilyPond side of things is built on top of abjad, so if you're fluent in abjad, that's a bonus!

The reason I'm writing is that I'm offering a zoom workshop (starting this weekend!) on composing music with SCAMP, and I have a scholarship available specifically for women and people underrepresented in computer music to take the course for free. Here are the details on the workshop:

http://workshop.marcevanstein.com/

If you or someone you know is interested, there's a registration form you can click through to on the webpage.

Thanks, and don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions!

Marc