Fixed a weird behaviour of the quantizer

Tsz Kiu Pang

Apr 25, 2021, 10:36:10 AM4/25/21
to abjad-user
Hi List!

I seldom announce anything that I do in the Nauert extension, but I have just fixed a bug that has been bugging me (pun intended) for a couple of weeks, so here we go.

Before the fix, if `WeightedSearchTree` is used to search for potential QGrid, it might result in a standalone tuplet as shown in the second bar.

By re-grouping the unnecessary subdivisions of the QGrid, the same code would result in the following:
Yeah!

Since this is changing the quantizer's behaviour, you might want to rerender your score if you have been using weighted search trees.

For more detail, please visit this issue page: https://github.com/Abjad/abjad-ext-nauert/issues/31

I am working on another fix at the moment, so the behaviour of the quantizer is going to change again in a couple of days.

Kind regards,
Tsz Kiu

Tsz Kiu Pang

Apr 25, 2021, 10:38:34 AM4/25/21
to abjad-user
For some reason, the images are not displaying properly, so I'm attaching them here.
Screen Shot 2021-04-25 at 6.39.28 pm.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-25 at 6.39.22 pm.png