Abacus stopped at 80%

钟传奇

Aug 24, 2011, 11:57:07 AM8/24/11
to abacus-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,everyone.
I encounter some problems when using Abacus to analyze my sample data.
After runing Abacus, progress bar stopped at 80% and console showed
'Retrieving data from individual
experiments, Adding data from 3h".
After several hours,progress bar was still at 80% and I have to force
close Abacus.
By the way, I followed the manual step by step, and Abacus works
normally when analyzing abacus_sample_data mentioned on the manual.

Thanks.

GATTACA

Aug 24, 2011, 12:41:39 PM8/24/11
to Abacus Support

Could you paste the entire contents of the console screen to the
message board?
Also, what sequence database are you using? What do the FASTA header
lines look like?
How big is the interact-3h.prot.xml file?

Thanks
Damian

GATTACA

Aug 25, 2011, 12:15:54 PM8/25/11
to Abacus Support
I figured out the problem.

Abacus assumes PeptideProphet and ProteinProphet results follow the
standard naming scheme of interact-<your_tag_her>.pep.xml and
interact-<your_tag_here>.prot.xml

Your files were named: 9h_interact.prot.xml instead of
interact-9h.prot.xml

This is what was causing the problem.

You can get Abacus to run if you rename your files to be
interact-9h.prot.xml
interact-0h.prot.xml
interact-0hand9h.prot.xml
interact-9h.pep.xml
interact-0h.pep.xml

Alternatively, I have just updated the Abacus code to handle this
situation of an XML file starting with a number (0 or 9 in your case).
You can download the latest version and it should work with your files
as they are named now

Hope this helps
Damian

钟传奇

Aug 28, 2011, 11:24:01 AM8/28/11
to abacus-...@googlegroups.com
The latest version of Abacus do work with my files.
Thanks very much.