abacus output query

eileen...@gmail.com

Dec 12, 2013, 12:56:12 AM12/12/13
to abacus-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Damian,

Do you have any advice on how to decide on the relevant output fields to look into for spectral counts?

I can see there's a description table in the abacus manual (page 5) but I am having a bit of trouble in deciding the right field.

Is there any field that's generally considered as the abacus output?

Thanks,
Yee

Damian

Dec 12, 2013, 8:33:04 AM12/12/13
to abacus-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yee,

This really depends upon the amount of data you have and your intended
usage of the Abacus output.

For instance, some people have used Abacus to only count spectra
associated with phospho-tyrosine peptides. Given this stringent
criteria, the adjusted spectral counts will not be significantly
different from the total spectral counts.

What are you going to do with your data after you get it out of Abacus?

Damian
> --

Damian Fermin, Ph.D.
damian...@gmail.com