Changing Parameter File output has no effect (want QSpec output)

Sam White

Feb 8, 2017, 1:31:35 PM2/8/17
to Abacus Support
When I change the parameter file output (output=QSpec), this change is not reflected when I load the parameter file in the GUI - the "Default" radio button remains selected and the output filename doesn't change.

Additionally, the actual output file that is generated is still in the "Default" format (not surprisingly, considering that the change is not reflected in the GUI after loading the altered parameter file).

Finally, when running the command from the command line, the "Parameters for this execution" message section also indicates that the output format is "Default", even though the parameter file has output=QSpec.

Since we are running this on a headless unit, we need to use the command line invocation, since we won't be able to access the GUI (I just used the GUI to test out if the change in the parameter file is not being detected by the program).

Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for looking into this.

Damian

Feb 8, 2017, 4:49:13 PM2/8/17
to abacus-...@googlegroups.com

You need to put 'ProtQspec' instead of QSpec as the output option.

So try this in the parameter file: output=ProtQspec

Sam White

Feb 8, 2017, 5:02:29 PM2/8/17
to Abacus Support
Ah! Thanks! That works!

Is this documented anywhere? The Abacus Manual on the sourceforge download page doesn't indicate what command line options are available.

Damian

Feb 9, 2017, 7:03:43 AM2/9/17
to abacus-...@googlegroups.com
The manual is out of date. Changes and bug fixes to the program have been my focus since most user problems could be found and answered here on the forum.

Damian