Questions from a New Attorney

Scott Greenblatt

Feb 10, 2017, 2:09:12 PM2/10/17
to aa...@googlegroups.com
Dear AAVIA,
I am a completely blind attorney in Tampa, FL. Since passing the bar at my first seating I have been unable to find work as an attorney. I would like to ask other blind attorneys on this list to please give me some advice regarding my job search challenges. I'm doing a lot of networking just recently and I'm thinking that this is my best option to find work in my area. If someone has different advice for me or can explain how you personally went about networking to find a job I would appreciate the help. When you first began practicing how did you get past the challenges your lack of sight put in front of you? I would prefer to work with a more experienced attorney before going out on my own but I am not sure how to make that initial connection.
Thank you for your assistance.

Sincerely,
Scott Greenblatt Esq.
813.571.9422
914.274.0232
Sgreen...@gmail.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/scottgreenblatt

Al Fogel

Feb 10, 2017, 2:18:04 PM2/10/17
to aa...@googlegroups.com
Hey Scott,

Talk to Jim Kracht. Also, not sure if you want to start your own practice, but you may want to get on a few court panels that relate to criminal law, guardianships and family law. You need to talk to local attorneys in your area and ask how you get on those panels. Also, not sure what you did during your summers in law school, but go back and talk to the people you worked for and see if they can suggest anything. Also, government related jobs might be a good bet - even ifs outside of Florida.