AATRN Networks seminar, November 7 at 5pm CET by Cristian Bodnar

AATRN Networks

Nov 6, 2023, 6:27:39 AM11/6/23
to AATRN Networks

Dear AATRN Networks members,

Our first online seminar will be Tuesday, November 7, at 5pm CET / 11am Eastern Daylight Time.

Speaker: Cristian Bodnar

Title: A Sheaf-based Approach to Graph Neural Networks

Abstract: The multitude of applications where data is attached to spaces with non-Euclidean structure has driven the rise of the field of Geometric Deep Learning (GDL). Nonetheless, from many points of view, geometry does not always provide the right level of abstraction to study all the spaces that commonly emerge in such settings. For instance, graphs, by far the most prevalent type of space in GDL, do not even have a geometrical structure in the strict sense. In this talk, I will explore how we can take a sheaf-theoretic perspective of the field with a focus on understanding and developing new Graph Neural Network models.

We will meet in the following coordinates.

https://rtucloud1.zoom.us/j/92064430961?pwd=TkY1VU52MHlyN29ON2IvblFNVXVoZz09

Meeting ID: 920 6443 0961

Passcode: 862736

We will meet the first Tuesday of every month and you can follow our future planned list of speakers in our website https://sites.google.com/view/aatrn-networks-seminar

You may also be interested in adding AATRN’s Google calendar, which contains other seminar information.

Best,

The AATRN Networks organizers

Daniela Egas Santander, Jānis Lazovskis, Henri Riihimäki, Jason Smith

https://sites.google.com/view/aatrn-networks-seminar

https://www.youtube.com/c/AppliedAlgebraicTopologyNetwork