AATRN Networks seminar, February 13 at 5pm CET by Carlo Collari.

topologyandnetworks

Feb 12, 2024, 11:10:27 AMFeb 12
to aatrn-n...@googlegroups.com
Dear AATRN Networks members,

Our next online seminar will be Tuesday, February 13, at 5pm CET / 11am Eastern Time.

Speaker: Carlo Collari

Title: Groebner methods and magnitude homology.

Abstract:

In this talk we show how to apply the framework developed by Sam and Snowden to study structural properties (eg. bound on rank and order of torsion) of graph homologies, in the spirit of Ramos, Miyata and Proudfoot. In particular, we focus on magnitude homology for graphs, which was introduced by Hepworth and Willerton.

The talk is organised as follows; we start with a short introduction to modules over categories and to the theory of Groebner categories. Then, we introduce magnitude homology and see some examples. Finally, we will see how to use the theory of Groebner categories to obtain information on magnitude (co)homology.

We will meet in the following coordinates.

https://rtucloud1.zoom.us/j/92064430961?pwd=TkY1VU52MHlyN29ON2IvblFNVXVoZz09
Meeting ID: 920 6443 0961
Passcode: 862736

Generally, our seminar occurs on the first Tuesday of every month.  This is an extraordinary date for our series.  You can follow our future planned list of speakers in our website sites.google.com/view/aatrn-networks-seminar .

You may also be interested in adding AATRN’s Google calendar (link), which contains other seminar information.

Best,

The AATRN Networks organizers
Daniela Egas Santander, Jānis Lazovskis, Henri Riihimäki, Jason Smith

https://www.youtube.com/c/AppliedAlgebraicTopologyNetwork