AATRN Networks seminar, March 5 at 5pm CET by Audun Myers

AATRN Networks

Mar 4, 2024, 9:14:28 AMMar 4
to AATRN Networks
Dear AATRN Networks members,

Our next online seminar will be Tuesday, March 5, at 5pm CET / 11am Eastern Time.

Speaker: Audun Myers

Title: Data Analysis Using Zigzag Persistence

Abstract: Temporal hypergraphs are a powerful tool for modeling complex systems with multi-way interactions and temporal dynamics. However, existing tools for studying temporal hypergraphs do not adequately capture the evolution of their topological structure over time. In this work, we leverage zigzag persistence from Topological Data Analysis (TDA) to study the topological evolution of time-evolving graphs and hypergraphs. We apply our pipeline to several datasets including cyber security and social network datasets and show how the topological structure of their temporal hypergraph representations can be used to understand the underlying dynamics.

We will meet in the following coordinates.

https://rtucloud1.zoom.us/j/92064430961?pwd=TkY1VU52MHlyN29ON2IvblFNVXVoZz09
Meeting ID: 920 6443 0961
Passcode: 862736

Our seminar occurs on the first Tuesday of every month, and you can follow our future planned list of speakers on our website sites.google.com/view/aatrn-networks-seminar.

You may also be interested in adding AATRN’s Google calendar (link), which contains other seminar information.

Best,

The AATRN Networks organizers
Daniela Egas Santander, Henri Riihimäki, Jason Smith

https://www.youtube.com/c/AppliedAlgebraicTopologyNetwork