Collision of alts

dict_enthusiast

Mar 3, 2024, 3:44:48 AMMar 3
to aarddict
I converted into Slob using pyglossary and noticed one problem. There are 2 glosses:

First one is with main wordform "strażnik" which means "a guardian" (alts: strażników, strażnikom, strażnikach, strażnicy, strażnika, strażnikowi, strażnikami...)

Second gloss is with main wordform "strażnica" which mean guardian tower (alts: strażnicach, strażnicy, strażnicami, strażnicą, strażnicom, strażnice, ...)

The problem when I enter "strażnicy" in search only one gloss is returned instead of 2? (see first screenshot) As far as I understand it is possible to assign 2 different blobs to the same key (I was able to add пропасть and пропасть to the same blob as keys -- see 2nd screenshot).
Screenshot 2024-03-03 at 09.39.44.png
Screenshot 2024-03-03 at 09.42.11.png

Markus Braun

Mar 4, 2024, 2:44:46 AMMar 4
to aard...@googlegroups.com
Do not really understand your question, sorry.
What do you mean with 'gloss'? Is this a remark?
Aard does find only exact matches in the
Search function. That's why you find only one article. Aard does not search in the content of the article.
Does this answer your issue?

Markus Braun

> As far as I understand it is possible to assign 2 different blobs to the same key

Yes. In slob format, internally keys are stored in a list, it's ok to have multiple entries with the same key. If you don't see strażnicy then it is either not in the list of alts for one of the words or the way pyglossary processes alts results in losing one of occurrences (perhaps there's some sort of deduplication logic?).