enwiki-20240301.slob missing data, has weird redirects

Max B

Mar 28, 2024, 7:16:33 PMMar 28
to aarddict
I'm reading an e-book that has words and phrases like "Einstein's" and "brown dwarfs".

If I click on "Einstein's" I expect it to take me to a disambiguation page for "Einstein". en.wiki itself takes me to a search results page, so I don't fault Aard2 for not doing much better. In fact, it does do a bit better, parsing the phrase without the apostrophe and taking me to the article on the Einstein unit of measurement (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Einstein_(unit)).

That's all fine. However, at the bottom of the page there is a link: "This unit was named after physicist Albert Einstein." Clicking that link in Aard2 takes me to the article for a high school (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Einstein_High_School). On en.wiki, it takes me to the biography of Albert Einstein, as expected.

Separately, I highlighted the phrase "brown dwarf" expecting an article on stars. Instead, Aard2 only finds articles on geckos. In fact, when I search for "brown dwarf" or "brown dwarfs" there is no option for articles on stars, despite being the first result on en.wiki.

Any idea what I can do to fix this?

AardF...@web.de

Mar 29, 2024, 9:13:38 AMMar 29
to aarddict
I double checked and enwiki-20240301 is incomplete. I deleted the files. There will be an update in a couple of days. Please use enwiki-20240201
Thank you for making me aware of it.
Markus

AardF...@web.de

Apr 6, 2024, 2:33:21 AMApr 6