Update Wikipedia slobs 20230901

AardF...@web.de

Sep 21, 2023, 8:10:31 AM9/21/23
to aarddict
Jul 13, 2023, 1:57:56 PM
to aarddict
All wikipedias on ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de/aarddict with the latest data as of 20230901 are updated.
The updated wikipedia languages are:
als
ar
de
el
en
es
fa
fi
fr
is
it
ja
nl
pt
ru
ta
uk
zh
simple

on top of these there are updated versions as well of:
dewikibooks
dewikivoyage
dewikinews
dewikiquote
dewiktionary
dewikiversity
elwiktionary
eswiktionary
enwikinews
enwikiquote
enwiktionary
enwikiversity
fiwiktionary
frwiktionary
itwiktionary
tawiktionary

Older versions will be deleted

Due to massive missing data in the wiktionary dumps I will switch for the wiktionary dumps back to scraping. Thanks to arnaud I could figure out that scraping does hold all the data.
elwiktionary20230601 182572kB blob count: 825999
elwiktionary20230701 185280kB blob count: 828192
elwiktionary20230801 8540kB blob count: 10416
elwiktionary20230919 184308kB blob count: 1210794

The real downside of wikimedia is that the NS0 dumps are useless for wiktionaries and do not even need to be generated. There is no one at wikimedia to address this topic and might take care of it.

The scraping of the wiktionaries does involve additional need in local harddisk space for the generation of the local couchdb and approximately ten times as long to create. We are talking about days and weeks depending on the size of the data. Therefore some wiktionaries will be updated on request only in the future. There will be a file indicating this in the corresponding language folder on ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de/aarddict for your information.

If some of you want to contribute, let me know.

Have fun

Michael Bechtold

Sep 24, 2023, 6:53:23 AM9/24/23
to aard...@googlegroups.com, AardF...@web.de

Just updated the dictionary web page with the torrent magnets for Sep 2023 release, for DE, EN, ES, FR, keeping June 2023 magnets on the page.

Cheers

Michael