Please don't set dictionary's background as "white"

瀏覽次數:54 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

slbtty

未讀,
2023年5月31日 晚上8:45:132023/5/31
收件者:aarddict
Hi,

I don't know where the sources of the Wordnet dictionaries are in the wiki.

Both have a hardcoded white background (in default.css).

In goldendict, the background can be yellow, or any colour of the user's choice.
In goldendict-ng, there is also a built-in dark mode.

Having a white background is ugly.

Please remove that line in the css that sets the background as white.

I don't know if other slob dictionaries also suffer from this "white" background.

Thanks,
slbtty
Screenshot_20230531_203202.png
Screenshot_20230531_203241.png

Igor Tkach

未讀,
2023年6月1日 上午10:34:312023/6/1
收件者:aard...@googlegroups.com
Converter is at https://github.com/itkach/wordnet2slob/, feel free to modify and compile the dictionary any way you see fit.

Background color is part of dictionary CSSs (plural, dictionaries can, and most of them do, have an alternate style, the dark one) just like it typically is part of a website CSS. I don't know about the inner workings of goldendict and goldendict-ng, but it seems like a limited/problematic approach to allow only changing background and expect that content is crafted in such a way that it always honors the user agent's appearance.  Obviously built-in dictionary appearance will not be appealing or usable for everyone,  so aard2-android app implements the ability for a user to provide a custom CSS and override that of the dictionary. The same can be done via browser extensions with aard2-web. Perhaps other apps may consider implementing this as well.

Boyd Kelly

未讀,
2023年6月2日 晚上8:13:312023/6/2
收件者:aarddict
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.   I have a dark terminal.   And I have no problem with a white default background for my dictionary.

Please leave the background as white.

AardF...@web.de

未讀,
2023年6月7日 下午4:32:352023/6/7
收件者:aarddict
I do not understand the problem. In settings you can switch the User Interface Style Light or dark. And you may add custom UserStyles. I am using InfoBoxFix.css and night.css. Will upload those to  https://ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de/aarddict/

Feel free to modify :)

Hope this helps

itkach

未讀,
2023年6月9日 下午3:36:222023/6/9
收件者:aarddict
On Wednesday, June 7, 2023 at 4:32:35 PM UTC-4 AardF...@web.de wrote:
I do not understand the problem. In settings you can switch the User Interface Style Light or dark. And you may add custom UserStyles. I am using InfoBoxFix.css and night.css. Will upload those to  https://ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de/aarddict/

I think the issue is with article appearance in goldendict and goldendic-ng apps, which have the ability to set custom content background in the app and do not expect that content itself may specify background.

AardF...@web.de

未讀,
2023年6月10日 上午9:08:562023/6/10
收件者:aarddict
Ok. Thanks Igor, I got it now. Sorry for the confusion
回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄
0 則新訊息