Looking for tips/resources on panel design

Emma Lang

Nov 18, 2011, 12:08:03 PM11/18/11
to aam...@googlegroups.com
Hi
I'm the new curator at the LA Maritime Museum in  San Pedro CA I am charged with designing panels and exhibit labels (those with and without graphics) and I'm looking for basic resources on design that I can use to help guide me. So far I've been using my own aesthetic and what I've picked up in the past working with folks who have design backgrounds, but I could use some more concrete resources. Anyone have a book or website they can recommend? Or even an exhibit in the LA area that they thought had very well designed panels?

Thanks for your help

Emma

Michelle Epps

Nov 18, 2011, 12:14:27 PM11/18/11
to Emma Lang, aam...@googlegroups.com
Hi Emma, This is a book I have used in the past http://books.google.com/books?id=wgKGCj63YiwC&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_ViewAPI#v=onepage&q&f=false also there are some e-books on creating exhibits on a shoe string budget (which I often have to do) and this is the reference I use http://www.bellaonline.com/ebooks/ebook127. I hope this helps!
Michelle

Michelle Epps
www.MichelleEpps.com
Michell...@gmail.com