Events Manager Position, Hamilton, NJ

Geri Thomas

Feb 8, 2012, 5:20:31 PM2/8/12
to aam...@googlegroups.com

Dear Colleagues:  We are recruiting for the opportunity below.  Please let me know if you are interested in learning mlyore about this position which is available immediately.  All best, Geri

Conference & Events Manager, International Sculpture Center, Hamilton, NJ

For the International Sculpture Center, publisher of Sculpture magazine, and a nonprofit organization founded in 1960 to champion the creation and understanding of sculpture, we are seeking a Conference & Events Manager. The successful candidate will work with or Executive Director and event planning committees to manage and oversee all aspects of planning, organizing, marketing and coordinating conferences and special events. Duties include: meeting with sponsors and organizing committees to plan events, establish and monitor budgets and review procedures and timelines; develop and implement a marketing plan; coordinate services for events, including conference and other facilities, catering, signage, transportation and accommodation for participants; organize registration, prepare programs and develop and oversee PR; assist in recruitment, training and supervision of support staff and volunteers; maintain and prepare financial records and reports; other duties as necessary. The ideal applicant will have at least 3-5 years' demonstrated experience in non-profit conference and events planning with an interest and background in arts & culture strongly preferred. Excellent communications, organizational, interpersonal and delegating skills are essential. BA and proficiency in Microsoft Office required: some travel necessary. An exciting opportunity for a deadline-oriented problem solver with a creative approach to events and conference coordination. Competitive salary and excellent benefits. For further information on the International Sculpture Center please visit www.sculpture.org. Please send resume with detailed cover letter and contact information for at least three references to recru...@artstaffing.com.

Geri Thomas, President

Thomas & Associates, Inc.

New York and Chicago

www.artstaffing.com

About Thomas & Associates, Inc.

With offices in New York and Chicago, Thomas & Associates, Inc.

in an innovative firm that provides consulting, staffing and professional development training to the arts & culture community nationally and internationally.  Our career services division services the needs of arts & cultural professionals everywhere.  To subscribe to our newsletter and job announcements, go to www.artstaffing.com

Cheers!