OCA Student Leadership Development Programs Available for Fall 2014

Anthony Bowman

Jul 11, 2014, 12:20:15 PM7/11/14
to Student Network (aajc-student-network@googlegroups.com)

Subject: [NCAPA General Listserve] FW: OCA Student Leadership Development Programs Available for Fall 2014

NCAPA,

Please see below opportunities for student leadership development for this upcoming Fall.

Best,

Mary Dynne

Mary Dynne Montante

Director, Programs and Constituent Development

OCA – Asian Pacific American Advocates

Image removed by sender.

OCA - Asian Pacific American Advocates

Be a Member             |              Donate               |               Programs

OCA Student Leadership Development Programs Available for Fall 2014

Dear OCA Members and Friends:

We would like to remind you of the opportunities for students in developing their leadership skills with our OCA programs for the Fall 2014 semester.

APA Y-ADVOCATE
The APA Y-Advocate program was first initiated in 2012 to engage high school students in introducing them to advocacy, social construct, and identity while developing their leadership skills. Participants will be encouraged to challenge themselves in understanding the importance of advocacy. The program is an opportunity to make new friends and allies in the local community and to engage fellow Asian Pacific American (APA) high school students in becoming the next generation of leaders.

We thank State Farm® for the generous support that made this program possible and to our local OCA-Chapters who will be hosting the APA Y-Advocate program. Visit www.ocanational.org for a listing of our local chapters.

APIA U: LEADERSHIP TRAINING
The one-day training provides a solid foundation to engage with other regional students on campus and in their communities through hands-on exercises, workshops, and discussions focused on APA identity, history, leadership and social justice. The training exposes students raising awareness and skill building within a social justice framework. Knowing that cultural influences impact how one leads, sessions will equip student leaders with a unique training opportunity that will serve as a life-long catalyst for social change.

If you are a student leader on campus and would like your union or association to host an APIA U: Leadership training for the region, we are now accepting applications for the 2014-2015 calendar year. This is an opportunity for your group to build a stronger network of community, while strengthening awareness on campus.

For over a decade, this program has been made possible through a generous support provided by State Farm. To apply to bring the training to your campus click here or go to OCA’s website at www.ocanational.org and click “APIA U” under “Programs.”

OCA – Asian Pacific American Advocates thanks Southwest Airlines for being the Official Airline of APA Y-Advocate and APIA U: Leadership Training.

OCA National Center
1322 18th Street NW
Washington, DC 20036
P: (202) 223 5500 | F: (202) 296 0540

o...@ocanatonal.org
www.ocanational.org

If you wish to stop receiving email from us, you can simply remove yourself by visiting: http://www.ocanational.org/members/EmailOptPreferences.aspx?id=18117326&e=kha...@gmail.com&h=0d69cd20563ca46a671536df6dfb4763075ddffa

Image removed by sender.