Great Opportunity for College Students

Anthony Bowman

Dec 16, 2013, 2:27:04 PM12/16/13
to Student Network (aajc-student-network@googlegroups.com)

Opportunity for College Students:

Advancing Justice|AAJC’s Youth Leadership Summit

Advancing Justice | AAJC will be holding our inaugural Youth Leadership Summit in February 2014. The Summit is a three day leadership development program for college students. Up to 20 student leaders will be invited to Washington, DC for two and half days of advocate trainings and leadership development workshops focused on racial equity. The Summit provides a unique opportunity for young advocates from across the country to network and learn together.

Summit participants will build advocate skills and gain knowledge on policies and civil rights issues affecting Asian American and Pacific Islander communities. Student leaders will work with experienced policy attorneys and have opportunities to interact with the legislative staff of U.S. Senators and Representatives. Upon returning to their home campuses, they can submit a proposal for support of a student-run project, and receive a project stipend of up to $200 from Advancing Justice | AAJC.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE INTO OR TO APPLY TODAY!

Deadline is December 31, 2013 at 11:59 PM Eastern.

Additional information and FAQ are on the above linked website. If you have additional questions please contact Anthony Bowman (abo...@advancingustice-aajc.org).

Asian Americans Advancing Justice (www.advancingjustice.org) works to promote a fair and equitable society for all by working for civil and human rights and empowering Asian Americans, Pacific Islanders, and other underserved communities. We comprise Asian Americans Advancing Justice | AAJC (www.advancingjustice-aajc.org), Asian Americans Advancing Justice | Asian Law Caucus (www.advancingjustice-alc.org), Asian Americans Advancing Justice | Chicago (www.advancingjustice-chicago.org), Asian Americans Advancing Justice | Los Angeles (www.advancingjustice-la.org).

Follow us on:

cid:image002.png@01CE18F3.FF7C7870    cid:image003.png@01CE18F3.FF7C7870

Southwest Airlines.  Official Airline of Asian Americans Advancing Justice | AAJC.  Stop searching for low fares and start traveling! Go to southwest.com—the only place to find all of Southwest Airlines’ low fares to the places you love!

ANTHONY BOWMAN
Community Partners Network Manager
1140 Connecticut Avenue, NW, Suite 1200, Washington, DC 20036

T 202-296-2300 x 123  F 202-296-2318
http://www.advancingjustice-aajc.org

AAJC 300.tif

As of June 20th, you will notice a change in my email address and signature. The Asian American Justice Center officially finished its process of aligning more closely with our affiliates in Chicago, L.A. and San Francisco. In short, we have adopted a shared name: Asian Americans Advancing Justice.  From now on, whether you go to our website or receive a letter from us it will be under the logo: 'Asian Americans Advancing Justice-AAJC.' This critical transition formalizes our alliance with one another, however,  we continue to operate as independent organizations, continuing our same work with each of you.  I just wanted to let you know so you weren't surprised.