Postdoctoral Opportunity at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology

Alexander Dodge

Apr 26, 2022, 7:35:55 AM4/26/22
to EESG - Energy and Environment Specialty Group

Hi All,

*Apologies for Cross-Posting*

The Department of Geography at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology in Trondheim has announced a vacancy for a postdoctoral fellow to work on the Norwegian Research Council Funded-Project: “At the Crossroad between Green and Black: The Role of Oil and Gas in Norwegian Sustainability Transition Research & Innovation”. This is a timely, inter-disciplinary project that investigates how different types and sources of research financing and joint industry-academic activity contribute to either reproducing the incumbency of the oil and gas sector in Norway, promoting sustainability transitions, or both. We will investigate issues surrounding the directionality of research and innovation in innovation systems and sustainability transitions, specifically focusing on and critically examining the relationships between the state, industry, and universities/research institutions in shaping this directionality.

You can read more about and apply for the position here. The position is for two years, with the possibility of an additional 1-year teaching duties upon agreement. If teaching is included in the position, the candidate will help me develop a new course at the bachelor level in energy transitions and sustainable development.

The deadline for the position is the 4th of May. Please contact me if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Alexander Dodge

Associate Professor
Department of Geography