2nd Annual AAG EESG Energy Conference (2023)

Adam Gallaher

Dec 7, 2022, 1:30:10 PM12/7/22
to aag_...@googlegroups.com
The Energy and Environment Specialty Group (EESG) of the American Association of Geographers (AAG) is pleased to announce the 2nd Annual Energy Geography Conference, to be held virtually on Saturday, January 21st, 2023. This one-day event will combine short talks and workshops focused on manuscript development, pedagogy, and new project ideas. The conference will feature an opening keynote address delivered by Anikit Kumar, Lecturer at the University of Sheffield, and a closing keynote address delivered by Julia Haggerty, Associate Professor at Montana State University.

The Energy Geography Conference welcomes everyone from graduate students to late-career energy geographers (broadly defined). Building on the strengths of the EESG, we intend for this to be a welcoming, inclusive, and friendly space where we can meet, engage, share ideas, collaborate, and build community. In light of the intended interactive nature of this preconference, we have a number of different events transpiring throughout the day, including keynote addresses and research presentations, paper workshops, project workshops and professional workshops. We kindly ask that participants engage throughout the workshop and submit their presentation or workshop materials in advance of the conference.

There is still time to register and participate in what we hope to be a wonderful annual gathering of energy and environment geographers! Registration details are below.

Time: Saturday, January 21st, 2023; 10am - 4:30 ET / 9am - 3:30 CT / 7am - 1:30 PT

Registration: For registration, please click here. Registration is free!

Zoom Link: For the conference zoom link, please register here.

Organizers: Ryan Stock (rys...@nmu.edu) & Sean Kennedy (sean...@illinois.edu)

--
Adam Gallaher
Ph.D. Candidate