Introductions + Announcements

Rystock

May 29, 2024, 3:04:03 PMMay 29
to EESG - Energy and Environment Specialty Group

Members of EESG,

Hey everyone, hope you are all doing well. It is an absolute honor to serve as the new Chair of the Energy and Environment Specialty Group (EESG)! I have cherished the past few years serving as Vice Chair and former member of the Board of Advisors. As Chair, I am thrilled to collaborate with …drumroll please… the new leaders of EESG!

  • Vice-Chair:  Tiffany Grobelski
  • Secretary: Danya Al-Saleh
  • Treasurer: Nikki Luke
  • Graduate Student Representative: Maddy Kroot
  • Graduate Student Representative: Owen Harrington

A seriously awesome and prolific group of people, I am already inspired and energized by our new leaders! Thank you for your contributions to the group thus far. Let us also recognize the efforts and impact made by former leaders of EESG:

  • Tom Ptak - former Chair
  • Arica Crootof - former Secretary/Treasurer
  • Elena Louder - former Grad Rep
  • Adam Gallaher - former Grad Rep
  • Trey Murphy - former Board Member

Thank you for transforming our AAG group into a thriving community of active scholars and practitioners. Beloved veterans, you always have a home at EESG (and in my heart)!

Here are some exciting announcements and happenings:

  • SAVE THE DATE: January 25th, 2025 will be our Energy Geography Conference! With your support, this generative and convivial event keeps growing every year. We hope you can participate! More details forthcoming.
  • The name of the "Professional Geographer Award" has been changed to the "Energy Luminary Award," officially taking effect during the award cycle of 2025. Prolific energy geographers beware, we may illuminate you!

We have many more initiatives and events being planned, so stay tuned! Thank you immensely for your support of the EESG community.

Empowerment and peace,

Ryan Stock, PhD

(pronouns: he/they)

Assistant Professor, Northern Michigan University
Director, Illume Lab

Faculty Profile | Research Profile

"They tried to bury us. They didn't know we were seeds."
Dinos Christianopoulos

Northern Michigan University is located on the ancestral homelands of the Three Fires Confederacy of the Anishinaabe, an honored alliance of the Ojibwe, Odawa and Bodewadmik (Potowatomi) peoples. Before this land was called Marquette, it was known as Gichi-namebini Ziibing.