Call for papers for the BSPS Annual Conference 2022 is out now!

Mohammad Mahbubur Rahman

Mar 13, 2022, 8:33:47 AM3/13/22
to aag_...@googlegroups.com

***Apologies for cross-posting!***

Dear Colleagues,

Greetings!

I am pleased to inform you that our project team (learn more about our project: https://wp.lancs.ac.uk/foodequity/) at Lancaster University, UK led by Dr. Jasmine Fledderjohann is organizing a strand on food in(security) and food systems at the British Society for Population Studies (BSPS) Annual Conference 2022. I am inviting you to consider submitting an abstract for this session on behalf of Dr. Jasmine

Short details about the session Food systems & food (in)security:
This strand explores food systems and food insecurity. Food insecurity is associated with a range of negative outcomes across the life course, with serious implications for health, well-being, and economic development. The highest rates of food insecurity globally are found in the Global South--a situation in which climate change will continue to exacerbate in the coming years. Moreover, Covid-19 has cast a light on the instability of food systems and has contributed to growing food insecurity globally. Proposals focused on the Global South, global food systems, and comparative perspectives would be particularly welcomed. Specific sessions could include food Insecurity, food systems, and Covid-19; modeling food insecurity: data and methods; determinants and consequences of food insecurity across the life course; food insecurity, inequalities, and social policy.

We appreciate you submitting an abstract in this strand. It's generally a small, friendly group and an affordable conference!

For further information, you can access the submission site here: https://www.lse.ac.uk/social-policy/research/Research-clusters/british-society-for-population-studies/annual-conference

Submit your proposal here: https://lsewebsite.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/bsps-conference-2022-online-submission-form

The submission deadline: 24th April 2022
Conference Date: 5-7 September 2022
Location: University of Winchester, UK

For any query, please contact to:
Strand organizer: Dr. Jasmine Fledderjohann (Senior Lecturer in Sociology and Social Work, Lancaster University, UK) – j.fledd...@lancaster.ac.uk; website: https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/sociology/people/jasmine-fledderjohann

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Mahbub

On behalf of
Dr. Jasmine Fledderjohann,

Strand organizer, BSPS Annual conference 2022

Mohammad Mahbubur Rahman

PhD Student (Affiliated), Department of Sociology, Lancaster University, Lancaster, UK

Co-founder & Independent Consultant
Center for People & Environ (CPE), Dhaka, Bangladesh

Country Coordinator-Bangladesh, Global Affairs Unit (GAU)
16th UN Climate Change Conference of Youth (COY16)

Member, Global Coordination Team
YOUNGO-Children and Youth Constituency at United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)

Communication Focal Point and Core Team Member, YPARD Bangladesh
Co-founder & Editor in Charge, Green Magazine

Member, UN Environment Programme Major Group for Children and Youth (UNEP MGCY)
Member, IUCN Commission on Environmental, Economic and Social Policy (CEESP)
Lifetime Member, Bangladesh Poribesh Andolon (BAPA), Membership no. 366
Member, Bangladesh Society of Environmental Scientists (BSES)
Member, Population-Environment Research Network (PERN)

Let's Connect!

www.mohammadmahbuburrahman.com

FacebookInstagramLinkedinTwitter

E: mmrahm...@gmail.commahbub....@gmail.com ;

Skype: mahbubur_rahman_apu, M: +8801738135119

Orcid | ResearchgateGoogle scholar | Publon | Loop

P Before printing, please consider the environment!
Latest Award:
Homelessness, Housing Precarity and Disaster Network (HHDN) Student Research Award 2021
Latest preprints: