AppleTVs

Eric Shapiro

Sep 15, 2015, 12:58:40 PM9/15/15
to a2-cocoaheads
Any CocoaHeads get an AppleTV dev kit?

Just curious. We did not. :-(

-Eric

Eric Shapiro sha...@relium.com

Gavin Eadie

Sep 15, 2015, 1:01:27 PM9/15/15
to a2-coc...@googlegroups.com
Got email saying, “No!”

Paul Bruneau

Sep 15, 2015, 1:02:47 PM9/15/15
to a2-coc...@googlegroups.com
Two of my co-workers did. One was for our company and one was for an indie outfit

Sent from my iPhone

> On Sep 15, 2015, at 12:58 PM, Eric Shapiro <sha...@relium.com> wrote:

Chris Adamson

Sep 15, 2015, 1:32:14 PM9/15/15
to a2-coc...@googlegroups.com
Haven’t heard either way, actually. Maybe my application got lost.

Oh well, it’s only a little over a month before they’re available to everyone, and it’s not like I’m going to write something in that time.

—Chris

Keith Bourne

Sep 15, 2015, 1:50:38 PM9/15/15
to a2-cocoaheads
Thats an affirmative on my end.  Should get it by end of week according to the site.  In the immortal words of that guy in the commercial on the original Robocop, "I'd buy that for a dollar!"

Keith Bourne
Mobile Strategist
734.929.8026

Find me @:

Paul Bruneau

Sep 15, 2015, 3:01:12 PM9/15/15
to a2-coc...@googlegroups.com
I thought of that same quote!!! But I didn't bother to use it here because that movie is older than all my co-workers by a decade

Sent from my iPhone

William DeMuro

Sep 16, 2015, 8:27:26 AM9/16/15
to CocoaHeads Ann Arbor
ours delivers 17th-21st, first free dev item ever from Apple?

Tom Crawford

Sep 16, 2015, 9:49:00 AM9/16/15
to CocoaHeads Ann Arbor
I'm waiting for mine...sometime this week they say. One of my colleagues got one too. I upgraded to El Capitan yesterday, because it seems it's necessary to get all of the functionality of Xcode 7.1. I also took a look through the TV HIG. It looks similar to iOS, but I think there are some pretty decent limitations. Will be fun to try.

Priya Rajagopal

Sep 16, 2015, 11:17:41 AM9/16/15
to a2-coc...@googlegroups.com
Free dev item from Apple - that is a first . So no catch that to claim your reward , pay up?

Sent from my iPhone

> On Sep 16, 2015, at 8:27 AM, William DeMuro <bil...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> ours delivers 17th-21st, first free dev item ever from Apple?

Gavin Eadie

Sep 16, 2015, 1:02:21 PM9/16/15
to a2-coc...@googlegroups.com
Not quite a first. There was the optical mouse taped to the underside of chairs at WWDC (which has caused me to check the chairs every year since). There also used to be hardware seeding, but you had to give the item back.

.. Sent by iPhone

Keith Bourne

Sep 16, 2015, 1:37:00 PM9/16/15
to a2-cocoaheads
Technically it wasn't free.  It was $1.  But basically free.  So far no catch.  I even read the terms.  I remember something about not showing it off, taking pictures and posting online, and such.  But thats pretty typical for Apple.

Keith Bourne
Mobile Strategist
734.926.8208

Find me @:

Priya Rajagopal

Sep 16, 2015, 1:47:36 PM9/16/15
to a2-coc...@googlegroups.com
Nice ! So does this mean we can have a cocoa heads presentation /demo ?

Sent from my iPhone

William DeMuro

Sep 17, 2015, 8:46:04 AM9/17/15
to CocoaHeads Ann Arbor
yes, they initially said the $1 was for shipping verification, but since they charged tax, and invoiced a line item, seems it was a product sale.

Dave Koziol

Sep 17, 2015, 1:05:06 PM9/17/15
to a2-coc...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone know if there are any restrictions on showing these units publicly?

One of our team members got a unit, and I’m going to be somewhere where it might be useful to show it publicly. But I don’t want to break any rules. I’ve read through all of the emails he got from Apple, but I didn’t go though the purchase process, so I don’t know if we agreed to something during the purchase…

Thanks,

Dave

Tom Crawford

Sep 17, 2015, 1:33:32 PM9/17/15
to CocoaHeads Ann Arbor
Yes, you're not allowed to write about it, review it, or show it to the outside world. There was no mention of sharing it with other developers on your team, but I don't think you can show it publicly.

Keith Bourne

Sep 18, 2015, 7:33:01 PM9/18/15
to a2-cocoaheads
Whoahoho!  This is... oh wait, can't talk about it.

Keith Bourne
Mobile Strategist
734.926.8208

Find me @:

Bret Squire

Sep 20, 2015, 11:26:50 AM9/20/15
to CocoaHeads Ann Arbor
Found my acceptance email in my gmail spam box!