Microsoft Azure Mobile Apps : Mobile Monday Ann Arbor

priya rajagopal

Feb 22, 2016, 8:56:58 PM2/22/16
to a2-coc...@googlegroups.com

hi all

If you are building mobile apps that needs to interact with a Backend service, you don't want to miss our upcoming Mobile Monday Ann Arbor meeting.

With the recent announcement of Parse winding down their backend services, the need for alternative backend services for mobile apps is greater than ever. Come and hear how Microsoft's Azure Services can satisfy the need from David Giard, Senior Technical Evangelist at Microsoft.

NOTE: Due to logistical reasons, we are having our March meeting on the 29th of Feb.

Please RSVP at http://www.meetup.com/MoMoa2/events/228868933/

Abstract

Microsoft Azure Mobile Apps provides a straightforward way to expose backend data to multiple applications on multiple devices.

In this presentation, I will show how to expose cloud data access and other processes via a REST interface and connect to that data from applications running on Windows, Windows Phone, iOS and Android. You will also learn how to secure these services; how to scale these services to meet volatile demand; how to push notifications to client apps; and how to manage Mobile Services from within Visual Studio.

Speaker Bio

David Giard is a former accountant and a former biochemist, who has been developing solutions using Microsoft technologies for over 2 decades.  Currently, David helps people build solutions in his role as a Microsoft Technical Evangelist. David has been very active in the developer community, speaking at numerous major conferences, code camps, and user groups around the world; helping to lead user groups; and helping to organize conferences and other geek events.

He is the host and producer of the mildly popular online TV show

Technology and Friends. He is the co-author of the Wrox book  Real World .NET, C#, and Silverlight. You can read his latest thoughts at

www.DavidGiard.com His hobbies include video, photography, sports, and embarrassing his sons.

regards

-Priya

Co-organizer, Mobile Monday Ann Arbor