Proposal: A points system

CandyManCan

May 18, 2012, 1:35:48 PM5/18/12
to a-simpl...@googlegroups.com
P.1 Each player will have a number of points
P.2 Starting a proposal will require a player to bid x points
P.3 On the successful adoption of a proposal the proposer will be granted 2x points
P.4 On the rejection of a proposal the proposer will forfeit all points bid
P.5 The minimum number of points is 1.
P.6 The starting points and for all future new players will being at 10.

CandyManCan

May 18, 2012, 1:38:33 PM5/18/12
to a-simpl...@googlegroups.com
* P.6 The starting points for current and all future players will begin at 10.

Tux

May 18, 2012, 1:43:29 PM5/18/12
to a-simpl...@googlegroups.com
While I know  Serengaeth indicated he didn't care about the Rule Numbers - this proposal is invalid according to Rule 2.
 All rules must have a unique number. Proposals for new rules must include a suggested number for the rule.

Rule 2 is currently an active rule and must be followed.

I like this proposal.

CandyManCan

May 18, 2012, 1:50:19 PM5/18/12
to a-simpl...@googlegroups.com
Suggested rule number: 25

Serengaeth

May 18, 2012, 3:26:13 PM5/18/12
to a-simpl...@googlegroups.com
While I would reword parts of this proposal, the idea of bidding in order to make proposals interests me.

Before I can approve completely of such a proposal, however, I'd like to discuss the following issues with this rather complex set of rules:
  1. The rules should be rewritten with numbers (ie: Rule 20 for the initial rule regarding points, and then 20.1, 20.2 for each additional related rule that clarifies or extends the first.
  2. The rules should state that a player "spends" the points in order to create a proposal. This will help keep the record of points somewhat, and prevent players from creating rules they can't pay for (I hope).
Here's my proposal, I will start a thread for it if it gains some support!

25: Each player has a score, which is an integral number of zero (0) or greater. The initial score for all new players, and current players at the time of this rule passing, is ten (10) points.
25.1: On making a valid proposal to change the rules a player must spend an integral number their of points which must not exceed their score.
25.2: On a proposal to change the rules passing, the player made the proposal earns twice the number of points they initially spent.

rockallnight

May 18, 2012, 3:34:07 PM5/18/12
to a-simpl...@googlegroups.com
I like the original with the tweaks made by Seren.  I'll vote in the repost that follows the rules

Serengaeth

May 18, 2012, 3:36:39 PM5/18/12
to a-simpl...@googlegroups.com

Tux

May 18, 2012, 8:51:53 PM5/18/12
to a-simpl...@googlegroups.com
Confused on what's happening here. Is this the official proposal? If so
VOTE: Yes
This conversation is locked