Proposal: Rule 3

Tux

May 20, 2012, 9:09:00 PM5/20/12
to a-simpl...@googlegroups.com
I'm sure everyone has seen Rule 3 -

All Active players must agree to all changes to existing rules, the addition of new rules and the removal of existing rules.

We have 8 total players, 7 active. I think that we should probably change to some majority. Thus my proposal:

3. Players may vote on an active proposal at any time. A vote is considered complete once a majority of the active players have agreed.

Seamus

May 20, 2012, 9:17:31 PM5/20/12
to a-simpl...@googlegroups.com
VOTE: Yes.

This allows for some flexibility for those who do not have constant Internet access. Also, under the current Rule 3, there is no way for a player to go Inactive (if they are currently Active, they must vote) and delays rulemaking.

Serengaeth

May 20, 2012, 9:39:08 PM5/20/12
to a-simpl...@googlegroups.com
Vote: No.

I like the principle here, but it doesn't actually state under what conditions a proposal is adopted. You need to re-write stating whether simple majority, or a unanimous vote in favour is required!

Tux

May 20, 2012, 9:51:33 PM5/20/12
to a-simpl...@googlegroups.com
Perhaps simple majority is the technical word for what I was going for.... in favor or opposed, as currently written it's unanimous agreement, which is what I was trying to get away from.

locksmyth

May 21, 2012, 5:49:18 AM5/21/12
to a-simpl...@googlegroups.com
Vote: No

Tux

May 21, 2012, 8:51:48 AM5/21/12
to a-simpl...@googlegroups.com
So if folks don't like this, we need to figure something out.  Lock's vote didn't even really matter at this point, since Seren's vote essentially negated any reason for anyone else to vote.  I'm all for playing the game, but if we can't get something passed without everyone agreeing, I feel we're as far along as this game will take us.

Serengaeth

May 21, 2012, 9:05:57 AM5/21/12
to a-simpl...@googlegroups.com
I feel the same way as you; I wanted to get everyone to agree to the reorganisation thread, but I'm still missing a few "agrees". I'm not sure if people figured that I was going to go ahead if just no-one disagreed.

I'm enjoying the game, but we do need to break out of the "everyone must agree" thing before we can really continue! I was hoping that it would get changed sooner.
This conversation is locked