Proposal Rule 2.5

Tux

May 18, 2012, 9:07:34 AM5/18/12
to a-simpl...@googlegroups.com
A valid proposal must include the word Proposal and the suggested Rule number in the Subject, as well as the proposal tag.  Any is explanation text or discussion within the proposal must be in italics.

rockallnight

May 18, 2012, 10:33:18 AM5/18/12
to a-simpl...@googlegroups.com
Vote yes

While these simplified rules are nice, I think it's important to get organized before this really takes off.  A standardized way to propose new rules and tag them properly is a good idea.

Tux

May 18, 2012, 10:39:52 AM5/18/12
to a-simpl...@googlegroups.com
A valid proposal must include the word Proposal and the suggested Rule number in the Subject, as well as the proposal tag.  Any explanation text or discussion within the proposal must be in italics.

I have edited out the word "is" from initial proposal, this probably invalidates this proposal, but we have no rule that disqualifies it.  I suspect that rockallnight probably still supports this in the new format, but for formality, I suggest you  vote again.

rockallnight

May 18, 2012, 10:45:10 AM5/18/12
to a-simpl...@googlegroups.com
Vote recast: Yes

I don't see any rules against editing a proposal.  Meaning wasn't changed.

Serengaeth

May 18, 2012, 11:00:08 AM5/18/12
to a-simpl...@googlegroups.com
I'd like to propose the following:

2.1: All rule-change proposals must be made as new posts to the "A Simple Nomic" Google Group.
2.2: A rule-change proposal must include the word "Proposal" and the suggested Rule Number in the subject line. The post must be tagged "Proposal".
2.3: The initial text of a rule-change proposal must be in a mono-spaced font.
2.4: Rule-change proposals that do not meet the requirements described in Rules 2.1, 2.2, and 2.3 are invalid and cannot be passed regardless of votes made for or against them.

But I'll agree to the wording as it is now, I just wanted to open up discussion!

Tux

May 18, 2012, 11:07:32 AM5/18/12
to a-simpl...@googlegroups.com
Fun to figure all this out and how to work the Google group to do what we want. OUCH THE GROWING PAINS!

I'm going to withdraw my proposal, in favor of Serengaeths proposal with some changes... how do we do that? :D

Tux

May 18, 2012, 11:08:10 AM5/18/12
to a-simpl...@googlegroups.com
WITHDRAWN

Serengaeth

May 18, 2012, 11:13:32 AM5/18/12
to a-simpl...@googlegroups.com
Go ahead and propose something new! Can't see that anything else needs to be done, we should probably work on rules (at some point) to officially close failed rule changes.

rockallnight

May 18, 2012, 12:48:08 PM5/18/12
to a-simpl...@googlegroups.com
What is the purpose of the mono-spaced font section?  Just for continuity?

Serengaeth

May 18, 2012, 1:01:24 PM5/18/12
to a-simpl...@googlegroups.com
That was all I thought. I like monospaced fonts, they look litigious :)

rockallnight

May 18, 2012, 1:19:38 PM5/18/12
to a-simpl...@googlegroups.com
So this is being handled in a different thread now right?
This conversation is locked