Plotinus

ornamentalmind

Jun 12, 2011, 1:02:11 AM6/12/11
to A Civil Religious Debate
Another topic here addresses the Divine from what at first might
appear to be a different perspective. I’ve mentioned Plotinus more
than once and personally, I find his writings to be more accessible
than many.

This Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy article provides a cogent,
attractive and clear overview of Plotinus’ philosophy. And within it
one finds views that consciously and purposefully reject many tenets
of today’s analytical and evidence based scientific approach. On the
other hand, no doubt there are views we could agree upon too.

http://www.iep.utm.edu/plotinus/

Also, at the end, one finds:

“…Plotinus’ last words, recorded by Porphyry, more than adequately
summarize the goal of his philosophy: “Strive to bring back the god in
yourselves to the God in the All” (Life of Plotinus 2).”