Fr. Hilary Draper, from Cullman, Alabama,

Larry Scott

Jul 23, 2014, 1:19:59 AM7/23/14
to AA Gmail Distribution Group

“No one will ever get to Heaven , unless you take it with you

(Chuck Chamberlain)

Daily Share!

AA Share of the Day

Fr. Hilary Draper, from Cullman, Alabama,

at  Daytona Beach, FL. 25-5-97

Father Hilary, sometimes referred to as, The Drunk Monk” has been sober since January 14th, 1968. He says at the early age of 19, he had already crossed that invisible line into alcoholic drinking. He had once woken up in jail without knowing what town he was in. Father Hilary was the president of a college in the south, but lost that job due to his drinking. At the time, his superiors weren’t aware of Guest House, so instead, Father Hilary went for treatment at Hazelden in Minnesota. After attaining sobriety and some time had passed, Father Hilary was re-elected as the president of his college. He’s got a great story of victory over alcoholism.

 http://goo.gl/0YHnPA

"We recover by the Steps we take , NOT the meetings we make "