New Theatre Company Comes to Birmingham, from Craigs list...

Alabama Auditions

Sep 12, 2007, 9:14:42 PM9/12/07
to Alabama Acting Auditions and Casting Call Connection

THEATRE, yes, that's right THEATRE

Reply to: job-42...@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-09-12, 3:18PM EDT

New theatre company, complete with playwright- will be presenting a season of original plays. First up is a play called FRAGMENTS, a dark comedy about a nervous breakdown. First read through is one week from today. We are looking for 2 actresses between the age of 23-35.

We are all theatre professionals that have done/ or still do work with other companies in Birmingham, L.A, New York, Italy.

theatre types-
we are not a song and dance company
we are not a traditional theatre company

we are a contemporary american company focused on new works
we are highly influenced by contemporary theatre forms from around the world

we do not do realist psychological drama's
we do not do memory plays
we do not do musicals

we do black comedy, absurdist theatre, formalist theatre (form over content).

  • Compensation: none, at this time, though we are expecting grants to come in after the new year.
  • Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
  • Please, no phone calls about this job!
  • Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

For more information send an email to: job-42...@craigslist.org