ZS004 Devil's Den Camping Trip - Oct. 12th-14th

Fennrisulfr

Sep 30, 2007, 6:58:18 PM9/30/07
to Zombie Squad NWA
Hello NWA ZS!

Fall is approaching and we have scheduled our first camping trip for
ZS004. We will be camping at the Devil's Den hike-in camp sites
number's 7 and 8 from Friday October 12th until Sunday October 14th.
The plan will be to arrive Friday afternoon and set up camp. Nothing
is scheduled for Friday so everyone is free to do as they please.
Saturday, we will do some hiking and explore the caves. There will
also be some seminars we are trying to put together, similar to those
at Z-Con. Sunday, we will pack and clean up and go home. Food will be
provided for Saturday only (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) so you will
have to bring your own mean for Friday night/Sunday morning. Any
vegetarians? I will check us in and head to the camp sites around
4-5pm on Friday. For those who might not know how to get there, travel
north from Fort Smith, or south from Fayetteville on I-540 and follow
the signs and exits to Devil's Den State Park. If you go to the
welcome center you can pick up a map of the park that will show you
all of the trails and camping spots. I still need to get $10 from most
of you. Please send it through Paypal (Fennrisulfr(at)gmail.com) or
give it to Jason.

The campsites can each accommodate two tents each. Frank is bringing
one, and I know Jason has two he can bring. If anyone has another they
want to bring, feel free to, otherwise I will bring a small 2-person
tent that someone can use. I believe Woz and I will be sleeping in a
bivy outside. Please bring everything you think you will need for
camping. I will only be providing the food Saturday. Water shouldn't
be a problem - DD has potable water and I will have a filter we can
use in the nearby stream. I'm not sure how the weather will be, but i
imagine it will get chilly at night. Who knows what mother nature is
going to throw at us (storms, heat, snow?!). All I can say is be
prepared!

Quick run through:
Devil's Den State Park
October 12th-14th
Friday: 5pm - set up camp, ZS meeting, festivities
Saturday: hiking, exploring, seminars, more fun and festivities!
Sunday: clean up and go home

If anyone has any questions or if there is anything I forgot to
address, let me know.

Collin Smith

dresden

Oct 1, 2007, 12:28:14 PM10/1/07
to Zombie Squad NWA
Sounds awesome, I'm stoked! I would though point out that we will
have to cross the water to get to camp, so be prepared for that also.
I recommend a pair of sandals to cross in, light, dry fast, and keeps
your boots dry. You do NOT want cold boots at night, especially if we
end up getting chilly weather. Also consider elbow/knee pads if you
plan on venturing into the cave, they are a real life saver inside,
and some clothes you don't care getting really really muddy.

dresden

Oct 10, 2007, 12:31:54 PM10/10/07
to Zombie Squad NWA
oh, and towels