National Conservation Area Meeting

Andrew Fulks

Feb 21, 2012, 4:37:55 PM2/21/12
to yoloh...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fellow Hikers,

I'm passing along this notice of an upcoming meeting this Thursday.  I plan on being there to help support the proposed National Conservation Area for the federal public lands in our region.  Hope you can make it!

Andrew Fulks
President, Tuleyome
Protecting the wild heritage and agricultural heritage of the Northern Inner Coast Range and the Western Sacramento Valley for existing and future generations.
Visit the Yolohiker web site for trail maps, hikes, and outings in the Putah and Cache creek watersheds.

If you're having trouble viewing this email, you may see it online.

Share This:
Annie's rock overlooking Lake Berryessa from the Cold Canyon Reserve.
Dear Friend,

I want to remind you about the Community Meeting that Tuleyome is hosting on the proposed Berryessa Snow Mountain National Conservation Area in the city of Clearlake. The meeting will be on Thursday, February 23rd at 7:00 p.m. Congressman Mike Thompson will be our special guest that evening. There will be a short panel presentation and discussion, along with a question and answer period.

Federal designation as a National Conservation Area will forever protect the values of this special place, making it an easy escape to the great outdoors while providing the management necessary to safeguard the environment that provides clean water to the surrounding communities.

The Community Meeting will give you an opportunity to learn more about this special place and to tell your own story. Tuleyome staff will be there to discuss talking points and hand out factsheets.You do not need to be an expert… just know why this wild place is important to you and your family.

What: Community Meeting with Congressman Mike Thompson
Where: Highlands Senior Center (3245 Bowers Road, Clearlake, CA 95422)
When: Thursday, February 23 from 7-9pm.
RSVP: email Angel at  amar...@tuleyome.org or call him at  408-512-6941

It is not necessary to RSVP for this critical community meeting, but it will help us know how many people to expect. If you are interested in going and would like to carpool, please contact Tuleyome and we will help you make arrangements. We will be providing boxed dinners for the ride over to Clearlake. If you want one, please let us know by Wednesday at 3pm. Hope to see you there!

Sincerely,

Sara Husby
Executive Director
Frog in Brophy Creek
607 North Street | Woodland, CA 95695
in...@tuleyome.org | (530) 350-2599 | www.tuleyome.org

This email was sent to tric...@tuleyome.org. To ensure that you continue receiving our emails, please add us to your
address book or safe list.
manage your preferences | opt out using TrueRemove™

Tim Richards
Campaign Coordinator
Tuleyome
607 North St.