Upcoming event and trailbuilding

Andrew Fulks

Nov 6, 2012, 9:13:39 PM11/6/12
to yoloh...@googlegroups.com
Hello fellow hikers!

Well, the weather is slooooowly cooling down and fall hiking and trailbuilding season is upon us.  There are a couple of upcoming events I want to share with the hiking list, a Tuleyome 10-year anniversary event and a trail building day on the new Pope to Putah Creek Trail we are constructing/

Pope to Putah Creek Trail work day

Eric Barnett is leading the effort on behalf of Tuleyome to complete the Pope to Putah trail and the Walters Hill trails, located above Pope Valley west of Lake Berryessa.  The next work day is November 24th.  Email Eric (aka. Bam Bam) if you'd like to to help on a scenic trail overlooking the gorgeous Pope Valley.  The event will run from 8:30 to 4pm.  Email bec...@gmail.com to sign up.

Tuleyome 10-Year Anniversary

I hope that you will join us on November 15th in celebrating our first 10 years!  An invitation is attached.  Please come!

Take a moment now to go to www.tuleyome.org and sign up.  If you can’t make it please dig deep and make a significant gift to help ensure we can continue our work.  You can also mail your donation to Tuleyome, 607 North Street, Woodland, CA 95695. Call 530-350-2599 for information.

Some Tuleyome Accomplishments
  • Spearheading efforts to permanently protect the public lands of the Berryessa Snow Mountain Region
  • Worked on Cedar Roughs and Cache Creek Wilderness and additions to Snow Mountain Wilderness
  • Protected key properties at Ireland Ranch, Cold Canyon Headwaters, and Goat Mountain and conservation easements at Cache Creek and Sulphur Creek
  • Worked to designate Cache Creek State Wild and Scenic River
  • Build and maintain trails at Valley Vista, Annie's Trail at Cold Canyon, the Pope to Putah trail, and the new Berryessa Peak trail
  • Eradicated weeds at Cache Creek in the Wilderness and habitat restoration at Pope Creek
  • Remediating mercury mines upstream of Lake Berryessa
  • Established Home Place Adventures to reconnect American’s with our great outdoors that includes Youth Outdoor Exploration Program, Nature’s Theater, and hikes for all.
  • With others, stopped the TANC power lines from dissecting our communities, open space and the Capay Valley
  • Check out our web pages at www.tuleyome.org and www.berryessasnowmountain.org.
Happy Trails!

Andrew Fulks
President, Tuleyome
Protecting the wild heritage and agricultural heritage of the Northern Inner Coast Range and the Western Sacramento Valley for existing and future generations.
Visit the Yolohiker web site for trail maps, hikes, and outings in the Putah and Cache creek watersheds.

Davis Enterprise 11 4 12.docx
10YearInvitation.pdf