Berryessa Peak Trail

Andrew Fulks

Feb 15, 2013, 6:39:34 PM2/15/13
to yoloh...@googlegroups.com
Hello Hikers,

The day is finally here where I can announce that you, too, can now enjoy the vistas of Berryessa Peak!
Tuleyome has been working on this trail for many, many years.  In fact, I've been working on it before Tuelyome existing, so that gives you a sense of how long I've been working (cough, obsessing) on this. It has been my honor, and those of the many trailbuilding volunteers (in particular, Mike Lindberg and Eric 'Bam Bam' Barnett) to have built this for you.

It's a tough hike, 14.5 miles round trip to the summit and back, but if you choose, you can do a nice hike only halfway to get to the Blue Ridge and a nice oak and pine grove for similar grand vistas.  Both the summit and the halfway point have been off-limits since the dawn of the State of California, as it was public land that was surrounded by private land.
Now, thanks to a generous easement donation from ranchers John and Judy Ahmann, we were able to build a trail to the summit!
If you go, be sure to bring LOTS of water, as the only drainage along the ridge is very seasonal.  Be sure to download the map, use a GPS (file provided on the webpage), and use common sense.  Avoid the surrounding private property by staying on the trail.
Most of all, enjoy this new public access to 9,600 acres of public land, brought to you by Tuleyome, the Napa Parks and Open Space District, the Ahmann Family, and the BLM.

An article about this new trail is here:

Andrew Fulks
President, Tuleyome
Protecting the wild heritage and agricultural heritage of the Northern Inner Coast Range and the Western Sacramento Valley for existing and future generations.
Visit the Yolohiker web site for trail maps, hikes, and outings in the Putah and Cache creek watersheds.