Fw: Smittle Creek Clean up Sunday 10/28/18

Andrew Fulks

Oct 24, 2018, 4:22:11 PM10/24/18
to Yolohikers
Hi folks,

This Sunday the Napa Parks and Open Space District will be hosting a cleanup at the Smittle Creek parcel.  This gorgeous property will allow for public access to the Cedar Roughs wilderness, but we need to clean up an old hunting area before it is opened.  RSVP information is below, and lunch will be provided if you request it!
Tuleyome helped with this purchase, by paying for the appraisal early in the process.  Come out to see some new public lands!

Andrew Fulks
President, Tuleyome
Tuleyome engages in advocacy and active stewardship with diverse communities to conserve, enhance, restore, and enjoy the lands in the region.
Visit the Yolohiker web site for trail maps, hikes, and outings in the Putah and Cache creek watersheds.

On Wednesday, October 24, 2018 1:02 PM, Andrew Fulks <yolo...@yolohiker.org> wrote:

I don't recall if I forwarded this on, but here are the details for the Sunday cleanup.

Andrew Fulks
President, Tuleyome
Tuleyome engages in advocacy and active stewardship with diverse communities to conserve, enhance, restore, and enjoy the lands in the region.
Visit the Yolohiker web site for trail maps, hikes, and outings in the Putah and Cache creek watersheds.

On Monday, October 22, 2018 9:22 PM, Chino Yip <cy...@ncrposd.org> wrote:

Volunteers wanted to help clean up an old hunting lodge at Smittle Creek on Lake Berryessa. This beautiful 430 acre oak woodlands parcel will allow access to Cedar Roughs Wilderness Area when it opens to the public.
No trail work on this project, just loading up a few trucks with mattresses and things left behind. There may be a little brushing around the cabin and trail to allow easier access.
There will be a debris box dropped off and we may make several trips before we get things cleared out.
Meet at Smittle Creek Day Use Area at 9am and we will shuttle up to the cabin.
We should be done by 2pm which will include a 30 minute lunch break. If you want lunch please contact me with your choice of sandwich.
Anyone wanting to carpool from Napa please contact me and we will meet at Peet's Coffee near Trader Joe's at 8am.
For directions Google Smittle Creek Day Use on Lake Berryessa or contact me.
It should be a beautiful day on the Lake and you'll be back to the the 49ers or the Raiders game.
Wear long sleeves, closed toed shoes and bring water to drink. We will supply gloves if needed and you won't need to hike on this project!!!
See you Sunday

Chino

Napa County Regional Park and Open Space District
PHONE: 707 337-3885