Upcoming trail projects

Andrew Fulks

Nov 18, 2012, 8:43:45 PM11/18/12
to yoloh...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

We have two upcoming trail projects.  The first is a last-minute outing to do some maintenance on the Berryessa Peak Trail this Tuesday,November the 20th.  We'll be up at the trailhead at 8am, so if you are in the Davis or Woodland area, that means leaving at 6:30am.  It will be about a 10 mile round trip with 2000-feet of climbing.  We're going to focus on maintaining the grassland portion of the easement to get the trail ready for winter and spring.  Email me if you'd like to come and I'll give you details.  This is our hardcore trail.

The second is Tuleyome's Pope Creek to Putah Creek Trail.  We'll be out on November 24th, working off the turkey and stuffing.  Eric 'Bam Bam' Barnett will be leading this outing.  You'll be meeting near the trailhead at 8:30am, west of Lake Berryessa.  Email him at bec...@gmail.com if you want to attend.  This new trail will connect from Pope Valley Road to Lake Berryessa, as well as create a new loop to Walter's Hill (overlooking the gorgeous Pope Valley), and ultimately will connect to the new 3,000-acre ranch owned by the Napa Parks and Open Space District.

See you outside!

Andrew Fulks
President, Tuleyome
Protecting the wild heritage and agricultural heritage of the Northern Inner Coast Range and the Western Sacramento Valley for existing and future generations.
Visit the Yolohiker web site for trail maps, hikes, and outings in the Putah and Cache creek watersheds.