Hike and camping this weekend

1 view

Andrew Fulks

Sep 7, 2016, 10:27:18 PM9/7/16
to Yolohikers
Hi Folks,

Tuleyome is hosting a service day on Saturday the 10th, up in Cache Creek Canyon.  We'll be cleaning up along Cache Creek at the Yolo County campgrounds, then spending the night at the middle campground.  The campground is officially closed for the season, but we have permission to stay there for the night so we will have the entire campground to ourselves!
RSVP to Nate at Tuleyome nli...@tuleyome.org

This two day event will give you a chance to give back to Cache Creek as well as enjoy the beauty it has to offer! Saturday will be a day of giving back by helping clean up all three sites of Cache Creek Regional Park. Sunday is the day to enjoy the beauty by hiking the High Bridge Trail with Andrew Fulks, Board President for Tuleyome. Yolo County has made a group campsite at Cache Creek Campground available for us to have dinner and spend the night under the stars - you will not need to drive to and from the event both days.

The regional park is located in the beautiful Cache Creek Canyon area and offers a range of activities such as white water rafting, rural hiking, kayaking, fishing, and nature walks. It provides over 600 acres of natural wilderness consisting primarily of oak woodlands, pines, grassland meadows with cottonwoods, rushes, sedges and similar riparian habitat at the creek edges. The park also provides rural access to over 54,000 acres of adjacent Federal Bureau of Land Management (BLM) property, including the Blue Ridge Trail. The BLM property is within the federally designated Cache Creek Natural Area. Many people visit the park throughout the year - inevitably there will be something left behind. Let's get out there and clean up the summer left-overs!

Check out our other upcoming events on the Tuleyome Meetup page!

Andrew Fulks
President, Tuleyome
Protecting the wild heritage and agricultural heritage of the Northern Inner Coast Range and the Western Sacramento Valley for existing and future generations.
Visit the Yolohiker web site for trail maps, hikes, and outings in the Putah and Cache creek watersheds.