Internal Martial Arts And Daily Living

marguerite king

Apr 30, 2009, 1:47:58 PM4/30/09
to Xenorama

Focus
Many students ask - what do I do with my eyes? Where do I look?
Regardless what the practice is - standing, walking, moving - eyes are
looking straight but your mind does not register information taken by
your eyesight. The gaze is turned internally, observing your muscles,
your legs, your hands, scanning every single part of your body with
your mind. I used to go to crowded places to train for competitions -
the more distraction the better it was. Well, no doubt, I learned how
to focus and keep final destination constantly in my mind - perfection
of the body posture, allowing the energy to flow freely like cleaning
blocked pipes or dirty chimneys. Meridians are fresh, blood circulates
to all parts of the body, there are no blockages and as qi starts in
your dan tian it swirls through the whole body and is being released
into the ground. To reach perfection you first hear about what it is
that you are looking for and then step by step focus on each
requirement until you get it and lift yourself up to new horizons. I
take focus as another insight for daily living....

http://groups.google.com/group/martialartshenc