Martial Arts Sparring - Is Sparring Practice In Martial Arts A Waste Of Time..

marguerite king

Nov 20, 2008, 5:11:29 AM11/20/08
to Xenorama

Does non-contact point sparring actually decrease your ability to
defend yourself in a real situation?
After all, you're pulling punches, avoiding eye gouges, bone breaking,
wrist locks and the like. How can you learn to defend yourself when
you're restricting your options?
And what if the fight ends up on the ground? All your skills at
dancing around in a padded helmet isn't going to help you get out of a
brutal rear mount arm crank!
Or Is It...?
If you take a good, objective look at it...
Sparring May Be The Most Perfect Martial Arts Exercise Ever
I won't lie to you'I'm in favor of sparring. I think there are no
other exercises in Martial Arts that can accomplish as much in as
little time as good sparring practice.
Here's why...
(And bear in mind, I had to keep this article short to prevent it from
turning into a book-length discourse!)
What If You Could Combine All Your Training Needs Into One Easy
Exercise?
Think I'm exaggerating? Sparring practice improves a wide variety of
essential Martial Arts requirements all at once....

http://groups.google.com/group/martialartshenc

Xenorama

Nov 25, 2008, 3:09:56 PM11/25/08
to Xenorama
having sparred a lot, it certainly isn't a waste of time. it teaches
control over the power of your strikes, and also learning where to aim
your punches. granted, i've taken several errant blows to the head
and other areas, but it'll also teach you to get out of the way.