[Writers Against Terrorism] 8/13/2006 12:56:55 PM

Dan Husain

Aug 13, 2006, 3:26:55 AM8/13/06
to Writers-Agai...@googlegroups.com
Dear David

It is a pleasure to have a scholar like you at our blog. Now that you've highlighted that bit, it does seem a bit rhetorical to me. I'd in normal course would consider that as a case of bad writing.

However, allow me to take you one step behind. What made that man fire a gun at your face? Because you (again rhetorical and not the person "you") have clobbered, brutally repressed, robbed him of his dignity, have taken away his home from him, have pushed him to the wall. And now he retaliates with extreme measures. Of course, the Hizbollah's or other terrorists' acts are highly condemnable. Nothing justifies taking human life. But I wish to highlight that Israel and US are reaping what they have sowed. The Taliban, Saddam Hussein, are all creations of skewed American policies to benefit themselves in those particular regions. And who suffers David? Don't you think people in Afghanistan, Iraq, Lebanon, Palestine deserve a dignified living. I don't think Israel or US ever had the goodwill for the local population at the core of their policies. And I guess it's long that they stopped meddling in other people's lives, adhered to accepted internatinal norms, and stopped bullying around the world.

Thanks & best regards,

Dan

PS: And please do visit more. You enrich the debate here. :-)

--
Posted by Dan Husain to Writers Against Terrorism at 8/13/2006 12:56:55 PM