[Writers Against Terrorism] 8/13/2006 01:08:54 PM

Enemy of the Republic

Aug 13, 2006, 3:38:54 AM8/13/06
to Writers-Agai...@googlegroups.com
All nation-states have the right to defend their borders and citizens when they are at risk--whether we like or approve of the regime or not. But there is a fine line between defense and aggression. I will go on record to say that Israel felt provoked and reacted as they do in these situations. This in itself, must have been predicted by Hizbollah. So the provocation must have intended a dual meaning--has Israel taken bait that it now would like to spit out of its mouth? Did Hizbollah want to take advantage of the worsening situation in Iraq in order to strike at the heart of the US stronghold and stick it to the Sunnis at the same time? I didn't catch that line that Dan wrote, so David, you have my vote on that. But Dan also speaks well about the quest for human life in a region where it is all too cheap. In both countries, the populations are small--to lose a great deal of people, soldiers or civilians will be devestating. Israel does not want this. But it is possible that Hizbollah is willing to die in order to make its claim. And if that is the case, the Mideast will be a messy place indeed.

By the way, I've been bad lately about visiting blogs. I will visit you soon. Keep posting on Bloodless.

--
Posted by Enemy of the Republic to Writers Against Terrorism at 8/13/2006 01:08:54 PM