Agenda & News for World Univ & Sch's OPEN monthly business meeting on Sat. Sept 8 2018 - A

Scott MacLeod

Sep 7, 2018, 3:43:26 PM9/7/18
to worlduniversityandschool. org

Dear Universitians and friends,

Thank you for your support of World Univ & Sch. I've attached the financial reports for A) World University and School, and for the B) WUaS Corporation for August 2018.

Please join us at our open (hour-long) World Univ & Sch @WorldUnivAndSch monthly business meeting this Saturday, September 8, 2018, at 9 am Pacific Time, electronically - in a Google group video Hangout, if interested people email WUaS about this in...@worlduniversityandschool.org

World University's open monthly business meeting Agenda for September 8, 2018 - https://worlduniversityandschool.blogspot.com/2018/09/agenda-news-for-world-univ-schs-open.html.

Sincerely,

Scott

*

World University and School

Agenda & News

Accreditation update -

Will the state of California's Bureau of Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE) have begun a web form in mid-October, with final applications due in February 2019 - and which will be relevant to WUaS - https://twitter.com/CaBPPE/status/1024666814989488134 ? Here's a recent update on World Univ & Sch's accreditation developments - https://scott-macleod.blogspot.com/2018/08/yeti-crab-universitian-news-im-glad-to.html . The non-commercial attribute of CC-4 MIT OpenCourseWare licensing will be relevant here re BPPE accreditation.

World University and School's Annual Meeting is in October (2nd Saturday of the month at 9am PT), and electronically mediated.

Information Technology (IT) 'platform'  updates

WUaS will seek again to explore collaboration with edX (founded by MITx and HarvardX) and re:

"MITx Courses and Related OCW Courseware: OCW and MITx Are Complementary"

ii

WUaS Templates and Wikidata / Wikibase

Upcoming meeting on Tuesday, September 11th

Seeking to connect WUaS's relatively new (2017) "front end" eg these wiki Subject pages - https://wiki.worlduniversityandschool.org/wiki/Subjects - via Templates - with our "back end" the Wikidata/Wikibase structured knowledge database, WUaS having donated ourselves from co-development to Wikidata in 2015, in its ~300 languages.

iii

WUaS seeks to build / develop in all Assistive Technologies 'under the sun' - https://wiki.worlduniversityandschool.org/wiki/Assistive_Technologies

including engaging voice, brain wave headsets, (Lego) robotics, programming languages (like the Scratch drag and drop programming language), and in all ~7097 living languages + after we've connected our "front end" above with  our "back end" Wikidata/Wikibase in its ~300 languages.

In these regards, WUaS met with an Intuit senior project manager, Intuit Accessibility Lead, again recently at a MeetUp in the SF Bay Area.

See, too -

'Brain_Computer_Interface' wiki subject page at MIT OCW-centric World University and School -

There are also 'Peace and Social Justice," "Engineering," "Robotics,"  "Assistive Technologies," and banking / finance wiki WUaS subjects here - https://wiki.worlduniversityandschool.org/wiki/Subjects - with much OpenCourseWare eventually for academic credit, as well.

iv

WUaS also seeks to facilitate a Realistic Virtual Earth as IT platform, and eventually for things like tele-robotic surgery, for example

See:

"In this "LEGO Bits and Bricks-Intro Video" https://youtu.be/kMdx3ozvUT4  I can see a Harbin warm pool for #RealisticVirtualEarth #RealisticVirtualHarbin #ActualVirtual #PhysicalDigital DIRECT CORRESPONDENCE & re Lego Robotics INTO BRICK STREET VIEW (so Google Street View with TIME SLIDER) at cellular/atomic levels"

https://twitter.com/HarbinBook/status/1034790913690591235

World University and School's online Medical Schools, and online Teaching Hospitals planned for online clinical care in each of ~200 nation states' official / main languages

Wikidata Medicine - met with medical student - and re computational medicine - Houccemeddine Turki, with him in Tunisia, and with bioengineer Nancy Gertrudiz in Mexico on Saturday, August 18, 2018 - in a Skype video conference meeting. The potential for online medicine in the 26-27 nation states where Arabic is the official language, and to help people with medical education is enormous.

[Wiki-Medicine] Invitation to discuss RiskData:, Wikidata as a high-scale [sic] database of risk factors for human diseases

Dear Houcemeddine and Nancy,

Thank you so much for talking today.

You'll find here videos by Google's Project Baseline Chief Medical Officer, Jessica Mega, and Project ECHO's Sanjiv Arora - https://scott-macleod.blogspot.com/2018/08/jasminum-sambac-stanford-digital-health.html - in addition to some Stanford Medicine related resources. There are other different videos about Projects Baseline and Echo in my blog, if you look.

And here are the 'Arabic' label in my blog - https://scott-macleod.blogspot.com/search/label/Arabic - and the 'Spanish' label - https://scott-macleod.blogspot.com/search/label/Spanish - as well as the 'medicine' and 'Medical Schools; labels - https://scott-macleod.blogspot.com/search/label/medicine and https://scott-macleod.blogspot.com/search/label/Medical%20Schools - all of which are worth reading through, with regard to what we talked about today as well. (See, too the 'surgery' label as well as the 'robotics' label, plus the 'information technology' and 'virtual world' labels).

Looking forward to staying in touch as the Wikidata risk factors' project, and with regards to languages too, develops.

Thank you again.

Best regards, Scott

- Languages-World Univ: https://twitter.com/sgkmacleod

In seeking to become the Harvard / MIT / Stanford / Oxbridge / University of California (& re its 10 campuses +) of the Internet, and in all ~200 countries' official and main languages, and in all 7,097 living languages as wiki schools, World Univ & Sch will begin to plan how to engage university rankings online.

See, in these regards:

"MIT named No. 2 university worldwide for the Arts and Humanities"

WUaS which is CC-4 MIT OCW-centric in its 5 languages seeks too to offer free-to-students' online degrees in all ~200 countries' main languages too.

World University and School is postponing seeking our 2nd matriculating undergraduate class - and aiming to matriculate a class of 100 - 500 online undergraduates in September 2019 at accrediting WUaS.

WUaS Press / Corp

1

WUaS Co seeks to create massive numbers of jobs in on-the-ground 'IKEA' - like Bookstores / Computer stores / Robotics' stores / Hospital Technologies' stores or much bigger (2.2 million jobs+?) - with languages (building on Wikidata's ~300 languages) - and in Africa, and in all ~200 countries (both online and on-the-ground jobs).

2

IT platforms

For bookstore / computer / robotics / digital objects / hospital technologies' inventory - CC-0 Wikidata / Wikicite - in its 300 languages? (where Creative Commons' Zero licensing is licensed commercially).

3

A Universal Basic Income offering - a IUO (in lieu of an Initial Coin Offering) & with a single CryptoCurrency potentially backed by all ~200 countries' central banks - and re Intuit's Turbotax for 200 countries' languages - coded for by WUaS Law and Computer Science students in all ~200 countries' languages too?

--

- Scott MacLeod - Founder & President

- World University and School

- CC World University and School - like CC Wikipedia with best STEM-centric CC OpenCourseWare - incorporated as a nonprofit university and school in California, and is a U.S. 501 (c) (3) tax-exempt educational organization.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This transmission and any attachments are intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or exempt from disclosure under applicable federal or state laws.  If the reader of this transmission is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this transmission in error, please notify me immediately by email or telephone.

World University and School is sending you this because of your interest in free, online, higher education. If you don't want to receive these, please reply with 'unsubscribe' in the body of the email, leaving the subject line intact. Thank you.

--
[...]

WUaS_Corporation_ForProfit_Financial_Report_2018_Aug.pdf
World Univ Sch Fin Rep NonProfit 2018 Aug.pdf